The CW's Supernatural Will End After Season 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The CW's Supernatural Will End After Season 15

It was bound to happen one day, but that doesn't make it any easier of a pill to swallow. The CW's Supernatural--which recently celebrated its 300th episode--will officially come to an end after the previously-announced 15th season, which will premiere in the fall of 2019.
    The news was announced by stars Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, and Misha Collins in a social media video, where they revealed the crew of the show has just been informed of the decision. "Though we're very, very excited about moving into our 15th season, it will be out last," Ackles said. "Fifteen years of a show that has changed my life, I know it's certainly changed these two guys' life. We wanted you to hear it from us that, though we're excited about next year, it will be the finale. The big grand finale of an institution."
    Hey #SPNFamily here’s a little message from @JensenAckles @mishacollins and me. I’m so grateful for the family that’s been built because of the show. Excuse me while i go cry. pic.twitter.com/QDXDsAyIfK
    — Jared Padalecki (@jarpad) March 22, 2019
    The final season will consist of 20 episodes, bringing Supernatural's run to an incredibly impressive 327 episodes. For some perspective, Supernatural is the only CW TV show that's older than the network itself. The series originally premiered on The WB.
    "Firstly, we would like to thank all the people who have been involved with the show both in front of and behind the camera. For us, it has been an experience of a lifetime. The support we have had from both Warner Bros Television and The CW has been incredible," executive producers Robert Singer and Andrew Dabb said in a statement. "We'd like to give special thanks to Jensen, Jared, and Misha for making this journey so special. It is now most important to us to give these characters that we love the send off they deserve."
    With Supernatural and Arrow coming to an end next season, that leaves The CW without their two longest-running shows as the network looks to the future. Whatever the case is with the future of the network, chances of a Supernatural spin-off aren't likely. The CW has tried more than once to expand the show's universe with no luck. Recently, The CW president Mark Pedowitz said at the TCA press tour, "If there was a spin-off to be had, I’d love to have it. That said, I've come to somewhat of a conclusion that the show is the two brothers."
    Supernatural airs Thursdays on The CW.

More...
Working...
X