How To Get Free Shiny Pikachu / Eevee For Pokemon: Let's Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Get Free Shiny Pikachu / Eevee For Pokemon: Let's Go

For a limited time, Pokemon fans in the US will be able to add a special Pokemon to their collections in Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee. The Pokemon Company is giving away a free Shiny Pikachu or Shiny Eevee for the Switch games from May 11 to June 23 at participating Target stores around the country, but this time around, the process to claim one is a little different than usual.
    Rather than just walking into the store and picking up a download code, you'll first need to download a new phone app called Pokemon Pass, then use that to receive a code for the free Pokemon. This process may sound a little confusing, so we've outlined exactly how to get your free Shiny Pikachu or Eevee below.
    What Is Pokemon Pass?

Pokemon Pass is a new mobile app that allows users to take advantage of special promotions and rewards. The app can be downloaded for free from Google Play or the App Store and is compatible with most Android and iOS phones. In order to use it, you'll need to log in with a Pokemon Trainer Club account. If you don't have one, you can create an account for free on the official Pokemon website.
    How Do I Get My Free Pokemon?

Once you've installed the Pokemon Pass app and signed into your Pokemon Trainer Club account, head to a participating Target store and look for signs with QR codes on them in the toy and video game aisles where Pokemon merchandise can be found. Use the app to scan the QR code and you'll receive a serial code, which you'll then need to input into your copy of Let's Go Pikachu or Eevee to complete the process.
    Shiny Pikachu And Eevee

The Pokemon you receive will be the opposite of the version you own, so players with a copy of Let's Go Pikachu will get a Shiny Eevee, while those with Let's Go Eevee will get a Shiny Pikachu. Each Pokemon comes at level 10 and already has four moves in its arsenal. You can see their movesets below.
    Pikachu

• Thunderbolt
    • Double Kick
    • Double Team
    • Thunder

Eevee

• Double-Edge
    • Iron Tail
    • Helping Hand
    • Facade

How Do I Redeem My Download Code?

After you've received your serial code from Target, fire up your copy of Let's Go Pikachu or Eevee and choose Mystery Gift from the game's main menu. Select the option to receive a gift with a code/password, then input your serial code to download the free Pokemon. Finally, open your save file and pick the Pokemon up from the deliveryman waiting inside any Pokemon Center.
    Are There Any Other Freebies?

In addition to the free Shiny Pikachu and Eevee, you can use the Pokemon Pass to claim a couple of free photo stickers based on the Detective Pikachu movie. The Pokemon Company is also giving away a Detective Pikachu Psyduck promo card and movie poster between 10 AM-1 PM local time on May 11. Supplies will be limited, however, so you should show up early if you're hoping to snag one.

More...
Working...
X