The Mortal Kombat Movie Finds Its Liu Kang, Mileena, And Jax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mortal Kombat Movie Finds Its Liu Kang, Mileena, And Jax

A new Mortal Kombat movie is coming in March 2021, and now production company New Line has announced who will star in it in major roles such as Liu Kang, Mileena, and Jax.
    Ludi Lin (Aquaman, Power Rangers) is set to play Liu Kang, with Mehcad Brooks (Necessary Roughness) taking on the role of Jax. Newcomer Sisi Stringer will portray Mileena. While not confirmed yet, it's also reported that Thor: Ragnarok actor Tadanobu Asano is in talks to play Raiden, according to Deadline.
    It was previously announced that Fast & Furious actor Joe Taslim would play Sub-Zero.
    The new Mortal Kombat film, which has been in development for a long time, will be directed by Australian commercials director Simon McQuoid, who is making his directorial debut with the project. Aquaman director James Wan is producing. The movie will shoot in South Australia, and is set to be one of the country's biggest productions ever there.
    The first Mortal Kombat movie, released in 1995, was directed by Paul W.S. Anderson, who would go on to make the Resident Evil series. The movie made more than $120 million worldwide, but its 1997 sequel, Annihilation, was a disappointment by comparison with only $51 million.
    An internet video series called Mortal Kombat Legacy ran from 2011-2013.
    Honored. Humbled. Ready.
    Remember that thing I kept saying I’d tell y’all about? I’m cast as Jackson “Jax” Briggs in the new Mortal Kombat Movie ?
    Mortal Kombat is coming off the console and onto the big screen.… https://t.co/3AvtupjLyV
    — Mehcad (@MehcadBrooks) August 16, 2019
    In other news, it was recently announced that Mortal Kombat 11 is 2019's best-selling game overall in the United States so far. The fighting game's newest character, Nightwolf, was added earlier this month.

More...
Working...
X