No announcement yet.

RTCW Falling out of gaming industries.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTCW Falling out of gaming industries.

Well it looks as though RTCW is losing players to the new games out there. I was on http://csports.net and they have lost over 10.000 online RTCW players to COD. Looks as though we are a dying breed here. Bummer!!! I'll be on RTCW till the end. I started with RTCW when it first came on line, just seeing the numbers drop in the gaming servers out there is depressing. I kinda feel apart of its life blood. I' sure alot of you out there that are the old time veterans of this game feel the same way. I predict it wont completely fall to the way side but it will definitely decline till only us hard core veterans, and players fade away.
    FU U MF F U!

yeah i don't play it either anymore...But i can still remember my first days with RtCW. I think now everyone plays ET and CoD.
    To be is to do.
    -Socratus
    To do is to be.
    -Sartre
    Do be do be do.
    -Sinatra

Comment

Man I also remember the hp2 full of players everyday...and I'm goign to stick to the end too...but its never going to be just as fun as the old times
      Ownage!

Comment

ET took the cake for me.
        • And now it is my intention to go play video games for several hours.
          -Strong bad

Comment

You are right guys RTCW has lost alot of people to other games....Remember when you had to wait to get into HP2 or HPC.....ET took alot also....I play both....
          Last edited by [BiA] SlyFi; 01-11-2004, 06:51 PM.

Comment

He, found this on Jolt.co.uk

[Jolt.co.uk/public forums]

A tournament still alive and kicking which PROOVES wolf is not dead!!

www.battlefieldeurope.net

For the die hard wolf players that are left, there is a wolf tournament which has been alive and kicking for years now (from at least when I started playing wolf 2 and a half years ago).

The base of the tournament puts Euro and North American players together in one team (or Army). At the beginning of a campaign (10 battles in length) you decide to join either the Allies, or the Axis. You stay with your team for that campaign, and then you may switch if u so desire. The aim of the campaign is obviously to win more games then the opposing team within a campaign.

The sheer attraction of BE is all the wonderful maps that they use – they use all of the best custom maps, as well as some of the old favourites – with a twist!!! At Battlefield Europe we are lucky enough to have some excellent maps tweakers that REVERSE all the old favourites and more!! We have reversed Base and Beach to name just two.

Each team has 15 players on it, and a battle lasts for 12 hours!!! – you can play for as long or as little of the 12 hours that you choose. I play a few hours every battle, it really is a great laugh – if you get one of the two panzers per team, you are in heaven with all the sux0rs waiting to get blasted!!

Part of the fun, is at the end of the battle on the forums there are stats posted and you can see how well you done (or didn’t do as the case may be) – depending on stats there are medals handed out and you pin them to your virtual chest (or sig as we know it).

There are a few of you guys on here that I already recognise as playing in this tournament, but in all honesty we on the Axis side are low on numbers partly due to the game effectively dying in some peoples eyes, with players moving onto CoD and ET.

At the end of the day, all I am trying to get across is the point that if you love wolf, and feel the game is dying come along and have a few battles in battlefield Europe – the is still a very active community out there in the wolf world, im just giving you the opportunity to join in with the fun!!

At least pop in for one battle one Sat night and see how u like it…

The website address is www.battlefieldeurope.net

Please join the forums www.battlefieldeurope.net/forums

And remember, if you do decide to join – join AXIS!!!!
            Never argue with an idiot,
            he'll drag you down to his level and beat you by experience.

Comment

hey why dont we join this one
              all hp2 players to the axis side
              can be fun
              well think about it
              Pure (Sweden) Biggest nOOb ever....Free Birth

Comment

Hmmmmm,sounds good,However we need alot more people we know to make it better...Its always better with friends......

Comment

I join the Axis and I've seen the nicks of a few ppl that play on HP2 on the BE members list including shitkicker, I think for those who still want to continue to play rtcw then both communities can help support each other and keep rtcw going. for clans it has great tourney type battles plus squad scrims and all without having to set it all up yourself, great training. give it a go, what have you to lose.
                  Fun Gamers Club - Where fantasy meets reality

Comment

Time & effort?

Comment

I guess it's up to us, cause if we still go and play Wolf, it's hard for it to die, I've noticed that some servers just dissapear due to tha lack of peeps playing in them, it;s sad, but very true

BE could be the hope we wamt, and i guess if we go all to axis as nick says, we would rock, cause we all know how everyone plays in HP2, so beeing a team will be fun, and easy.
                      Last edited by [BiA] MavericK; 01-12-2004, 04:32 AM.
                      Learn on other people mistakes.....
                      You can never make them all!!!!

Comment

every 1 calm down and don't panic... frankly if us all here are the only one's left great..cause no 1 else can give us a challenge except ourselfs
                        Please Direct me 2 the Nearest Padded Room

Comment

I just think that the two communities coi and BE have a lot to offer each other regardless of the concerns regarding rtcw in general, they are making some new maps and revamping others, we can't fill all the servers from players in our little communities (coi & BE) but we can do something to keep the ones we care about going, at the end of the day it's up to us. if we all decide to leave it to others then it's all but over for rtcw.
                          Fun Gamers Club - Where fantasy meets reality

Comment

I think that BE is great and that you shall sign up there...it's really fun, I was playing there in the beginning but now I don't becuse my darn pb is fucked up :/
                            Ownage!

Comment

I still play Wolf.

^lYsol

Comment

Working...
                              X