Help..if can

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help..if can

I'm having a hard time getting onto HP2 as of late. It sits on the picture of the POW map, but then about 3 minutes later it disconnects me. Says "unkown reason". Did I get banned lol. I've gotten in only once

I need my HP fix.

well you're not banned, cause it would say so ... but that's about as much help I can give

Comment

I would try to reinstall the map first....If that dont work make sure that you are updated ok.If that dont work do a full uninstall then reinstall do all updates.Also check your connection..

Comment

Like SlyFi said, make sure you are updated to patch 1.41 etc..etc...
        Then clean your registry. If you don't have a good registry cleaner, here's a great 1 and it's free.

http://www.vtoy.fi/jv16/shtml/regcleaner.shtml

Now try to connect to HP2..If this still fails, then uninstall Wolfenstein. (Save all your precious maps 1st!), Then go into Windows Explorer and DELETE the "Return to Castle Wolfenstein" folder completely! (This folder does not get removed in the uninstall process, so you MUST remove it if you want a true "clean install") Run the registry cleaner once again, and then install Wolfie. Then patch it with 1.41 only!

(To run RegCleaner, all you need to do is this: Launch Regcleaner and go up to the top and click :"Tools/Registry Cleanup/Do them all". This will scan your system and bring up a list of invalid registry entries that are safe to delete...After the scan is through, just put a check mark in all of the boxes next to the invalid entries, and then go to the bottom right side of the window and hit the "Remove selected" button".)

Hope this helps...
        Last edited by |AoD| SiN; 01-28-2003, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Hmm...

Don't rush into anything Madd HaTTeR, i think there is something very wrong with hp2 at present, since about 7pm GMT today there has only been 1-5 people able to get in at once....

Don't reinstall RTCW yet..

Comment

thx for the response guys. now just to let ya know, I have been able to get onto other servers. Been playing on "Gay Donkey" as of late. Thats why I've been wondering maybe it was just the HP2 server....maybe i'll try to connect on a down time for the server, and see if I get through.

Comment

Agreed Doc...Right now as we speak, there are only 2 peeps at HP2...Now that's messed up because it's always packed at this time of day. I know it was fine last night...Full to the hilt! WTF???
              Last edited by |AoD| SiN; 01-29-2003, 02:40 AM.

Comment

yup ... I can't get in either lol

Comment

How long have you been having trouble Hatter? Because I go there every night with no problems until today...

Comment

I atleast try getting on the server 3 times when I play. If it doesn't work I usually just hit up one of the others. Only time I got on was I think Saturday afternoon (central time)

Comment

(Midnight Texas time)
                      ah hah! I see HP2 is working again and Madd HaTTeR is in there playing! But if I go play now, I'll want to keep playing and I'll be late for work in the morning...All is right in the world once again....I'm going to sleep!
                      Last edited by |AoD| SiN; 01-29-2003, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Yep, and it's in rotation YOOHOO!

Comment

Originally posted by [BiA] Madd HaTTeR
                          Yep, and it's in rotation YOOHOO!
                          Yep, and the ping (MY ping, NOT Larry´s ping!) is really good, up to 200!
                          Life is just another way to die!

Comment

Yesterday all player over 35x ping.....
                            Good to see you!

Comment

Working...
                            X