a couple of reactions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a couple of reactions

it could of course be exeptions, but here are a couple of reactions from people; it seems that there have come more problems then fixed things...
    :

If i go play a game now i get kickt by PB becose of bad nick wtf how the hell can i cheat with a nice looking Tag ??????

[GFL]The Hirogen

DON'T and I mean DON'T install this patch!!!! Something seriously WRONG with this patch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The sound problems is only the beginning!!! After playing for a couple of hours, I JUST CAN"T BELIEVE THEY RELEASED THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You very often will be mysteriously killed!!!!! I got killed because I tried to go through the door as it was closing!!!!!!! Every server I played on was the same way. Everyone had the same exact complaints as I!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm going to unistall the whole thing and start over!!!!!!!
    DON'T DOWNLOAD THIS PATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I created my own serever to check it out and punkbuster keeps on kicking me off MY OWN SERVER because it says it can't load "pbag". Whatever that is.......

I DOWNLOADED PATCH AWHILE AGO AND MY SOUND IS SCREWED IM DELETING THIS THING I JUST WANNA SAY THIS PATCH SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1THAN X ALOT YA JERKS!

This patch is bad! If I join a multiplayer game, it will cause a program error within 1 minute. It's too bad because some good servers are running it and I can't join them. Comon ID, get your S*** together....

Well, I finally solved the sound-looping punkbuster horror story from last week. I guess I got cocky after that because I decided to install v1.4.

Big mistake. I can play for approximately 30 seconds (long enough to get one frag on Happy Pengiun) and my system goes right back into the looping sound bug--EXCEPT THIS TIME IT'S WORSE!!!! Yay!!!!! The sound loops for like 30 sec., then the computer is totally hung; the caps lock light on the keyboard don't even work. After I hit the reset switch, XP (with SP1 btw) says that my Radeon 8500 couldn't draw or something....

This patch is bad news. It doesn't work with OSP or shrub. Don't do it.

Yeah with this patch you won't be able to play on servers with OSP! You will got an error message and it will drop you to Desktop! Also it seems that servers with shrub don't work properly - you will be able to connect but you can respawn (in OLTL????) and sounds are fucked up, also you see only the gibbed messages - no who killed who and who revived who... and it's funny try to knife a wall or shoot with venom at guy!!! venom thinks he's mauser, knife he's pistol and machine guns that they're wires (wire sound)... altought on servers w/o any mods the patch works fine - no f**** sounds and everything is OK. It seems taht modes should be updated to be compatible with 1.4 RTCW. Well I'm dissapointed that I installed this patch - it sux! If you already DL teh patch just reinstall your Wolf with 1.33 and wait till they fix the mods!

yup i know, little tip for those who want to try it............copy your ENTIRE rtcw folder and paste it somewhere
    (dont forget to rename your copy folder) then install the 1.4 patch on that copyd folder and then you can play it and if you dont like it removed the copyd folder (not the original ) and youll have your old rtcw back again.......
    but to my opinion the new 1.4 patch SUCKS! it crashed 5 times in 1/5 hour..............thats says it all............

well, this were just a couple reactions that i picked from forums...
    i probably will download it, but i doesnt look that great...

bartje
    if i can't revive it, nobody can!!!

Wow, what was ID thinking?
    <a href="http://www.cafeshops.com/agovernment">My Anarcho-Capitalist Shop</a>

Comment

I think this patch was put out to discourage people from playing this and buying the new one

Comment

paranoia can be addicting better watch out
        d r i f t e r s ^ d e n t o n

Comment

paranoia

Just because your Paranoid, doesn't mean people aren't following you...

Anyway, i to have has some problems the last couple of days.. I got a new 256 Ram into the pc yesturday, then downloaded this new patch 1.4.
          Ran the game thinking oh yes this is goin to be super now, The thing crashed... I couldnt change any settings..
          Reinstalled it twice today already!
          Works fine now with 1.4 installed, but the only thing is it won't recognize any of my keybinds

Anyone got any ideas?

Comment

if you want more out of your memory.... use this command is your autoexec.cfg

seta com_hunkMegs "256"

If you have 512 ram... use half... like above..

if you have 256 only... use "128"...
            d r i f t e r s ^ d e n t o n

Comment

Working...
            X