Rogue One Characters Return In Star Wars Spy Series On Disney+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rogue One Characters Return In Star Wars Spy Series On Disney+

Disney+ will be home to a new spy series based on Star Wars: Rogue One, featuring two characters from the movie. Diego Luna, who plays Cassian Andor, will be joined once again by Alan Tudyk, who voiced the droid K2SO. The new series was officially confirmed during the Star Wars section of the Disney+ D23 panel.
    The show wasn't given an official name, but it was confirmed that it's a prequel, indicating it will take place before Rogue One. It is filming in London in 2020. In earlier announcements, Disney has described the show as a "rousing spy thriller" that will "explore tales filled with espionage and daring missions to restore hope to a galaxy in the grip of a ruthless Empire."
    In a statement, Luna said, "Going back to the Star Wars universe is very special for me. I have so many memories of the great work we did together and the relationships I made throughout the journey. We have a fantastic adventure ahead of us, and this new exciting format will give us the chance to explore this character more deeply."
    During the Star Wars portion of the panel, Disney also announced a release date for The Clone Wars Season 7 and revealed an official trailer for The Mandalorian. Both shows are huge draws for subscribing to Disney+, the company's soon-to-released streaming service.
    The Mandalorian is a brand-new TV series that stars Pedro Pascal in the title role, plus Deadpool's Gina Carano, Breaking Bad's Giancarlo Esposito, Supernatural's Emily Swallow, Predator's Carl Weathers, American Gods' Omid Abtahi, Grizzly Man's Werner Herzog, and Affliction's Nick Nolte. Lion King director Jon Favreau is the series' showrunner and Thor Ragnarok's Taika Waititi, Jessica Jones' Deborah Chow, and The Clone Wars Dave Filoni are all signed on to direct individual episodes. The series debuts on Disney+ on November 12.

More...
Working...
X