Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch will be here today, but...

This just in from CoD files:

Later today, january 30th, at 9.30 AM US Pacific Time, 12.30 Eastern Time, 17.30 GMT and 18.30 Amsterdam Time the CoD MultiPlayer v1.2 patch will be released!

We have it ready to go but we were told not to go live with it until that time which is in about 6 hours and 15 minutes from now.

The good news is that it's only a 3.16 MB file. The bad news is that it does not, as we could all expect, include PunkBuster yet. This will be added in a later patch.

Below is a copy of the readme so you can check out all the fixes / additions / changes!!

We have the patch ready to go and are just watching the clock :/
    The url will be http://www.codfiles.com/file.info?ID=23169 which will give a blank / white page until it reaches the above mentioned time!

===========================================

CALL OF DUTY(tm) MULTIPLAYER PATCH 1.2 README
    Last Updated: 2004-01-29

TABLE OF CONTENTS

INTRODUCTION

GAMETYPE FIXES
    1. Behind Enemy Lines
    2. Search & Destroy

WEAPON & PLAYER FIXES

NEW FEATURES
    1. New Gametype - Headquarters
    2. Killcam On/Off
    3. Disable Freelook Spectating
    4. Disable spectating enemy players
    5. Force team balancing
    6. Shared Friendly Fire
    7. Ban Abilities For Server Administration
    8. Server Hardware displayed in Server Browser
    9. New Server Filters
    10. Server Info Screen
    11. Timedemo statistics
    12. New script commands
    13. Allow Downloads

MULTIPLAYER BUG FIXES

INTRODUCTION

This document details numerous additions, fixes and changes to Call of Duty(tm)in the Multiplayer 1.2 patch.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Use of the in-game console is not supported by Activision(r). Please do not contact Activision(r) Customer Support with issues that arise from using console commands in-game.

NOTES FOR MOD USERS:
    - It is recommended that any user modifications that have been installed to the Call of Duty directory be removed before installing this patch. These modifications are not supported by Activision(r) and may not be compatible with some of the new features that are included.
    - Call of Duty does not support mods that have spaces in the mod's folder name. Be sure that the folder that contains your mod does not have spaces, otherwise users will not be able to download the files. For example, a mod in a folder called "My Mod" would be invalid, whereas "MyMod" or "My_Mod" would work.

GAMETYPE FIXES

1. Behind Enemy Lines

- Fixes some allies not showing up on the compass in large servers.
    - Fixed a bug that would make enemy indicator on the compass not show up.
    - Fixed the killcam window remaining on screen during the black screen when you are about to spawn as an allied player.
    - At the end of a round all players show on the same team to make it easier to see how players ranked.

2. Search & Destroy

- You no longer have a weapon when planting the bomb.
    - Planting the bomb near the end of the round stops the round timer, so that the bomb is now the condition for victory.
    - Bombs can no longer be planted after a round has been declared over.
    - Reaching the timelimit (scr_sd_timelimit) no longer ends the game mid-round.

WEAPON & PLAYER FIXES

- Adjustments made to the sniper rifles to make them balanced.
    - When a player lands after jumping, his/her speed is briefly reduced, making bunny hopping a less effective tactic in multiplayer.
    - Adjusted hitboxes on player models to make them more accurate and thus making rifles more effective.
    - The number of grenades given to a player is now based on the weapon selected. Sniper rifles provide 1 grenade, Bolt-action rifles provide 3 grenades, and all other weapons provide 2 grenades.

NEW FEATURES

1. New Gametype - Headquarters

- A radio randomly spawns into a map as neutral. Your team must capture a radio by standing near it with no enemies around.
    - Your team must control a radio to gain points. A team is awarded 45 points for every 45 seconds it holds the radio.
    - Destroying an enemy radio rewards your team with as many points as are left on the reinforcement timer (e.g. if you destroy the radio with 16 seconds left on the reinforcements timer, your team will receive 16 points).
    - If your team loses the radio, a new radio will spawn in a different location. This radio is now neutral and must be captured.
    - Spawns are regulated by a reinforcement timer, which spawns players in 45 second intervals. This reinforcement timer is displayed on the HUD and players only have to wait until the closest spawn period before rejoining the battle.

2. Killcam On/Off

- Added server-side cvar scr_killcam to turn on/off killcam

3. Disable Freelook Spectating

- Added server-side cvar scr_freelook to turn on/off freelook spectator mode

4. Disable spectating enemy players

- Added server-side cvar scr_spectateenemy to turn on/off spectating the other team while dead

5. Force team balancing

- Added server-side cvar scr_teambalance to force teams to have the same number of players. Teams with an odd number of players will be as balanced as possible.
    (Round based gametypes will adjust the teams between rounds, respawn gametypes will adjust the teams every 60 seconds)

6. Shared Friendly Fire

-Setting scr_friendlyfire 3 will share damage in cases of friendly fire between the victim and attacker.

7. Ban Abilities For Server Administration

Uniquely identified players printed in stats logging:
    -The log used for stat tracking now includes player unique identifiers so players can be uniquely tracked based on cdkey instead of being tracked by player name. Note that there is no way anyone can determine your cdkey from your GUID.

- Server administrators now have the option to Ban players from their server permanently. The banned players are stored in a "ban.txt" file on the server, which can be manually edited by the server admin.
    - The commands "banUser" and "banClient" ban somebody currently playing on a server by their in-game name or client number. This adds the player to "ban.txt," and kicks them from the server.
    - You can unban every uniquely identified player with the name "UnnamedSoldier" using "unban UnnamedSoldier" from the console. If you want to unban a single player whose name appears more than once, you should edit "ban.txt" manually.
    - Server administrators also have the option of temporarily banning a player from a server for X amount of time (in seconds). Use the command sv_kickBanTime to change the length of the ban. This Temp Ban option has also been added to the CallVote menu, allowing players to kick "griefers" and prevent them from simply reconnecting immediately.

NOTE: Ban commands are for Internet servers only. They do not function on LAN servers.

8. Server Hardware displayed in Server Browser

- Added a column with icons displaying what hardware each given server is (Win Dedicated, LINUX, etc).
    - Added an indication whether or not the server is modded to the server browser.

9. New Server Filters

- Added pure server, friendly fire, killcam, server modded, and dedicated only server filters.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The "Pure Server" filter is set to "Pure Servers Only" by default. When the patch is installed, it will show only pure servers unless you change to another setting. This setting can be found by clicking on "Join Server" and selecting the "Filters" submenu.

10. Server Info Screen

- On connecting to a server you will now see a server info screen which lists the servername, message of the day, gametype, and current settings appropriate to the gametype.

11. Timedemo statistics

- Timedemos write a .csv file based on the map name and resolution that says how many milliseconds each frame took. This can be opened directly in a spreadsheet program for benchmarking performance over time.

12. New script commands

- Added "precacheTurret( turretinfo )" script command to MP.
    - Added "spawnTurret( classname, origin, turretinfo )" script command to MP.
    - Added "enableWeapon()" and "disableWeapon()" player script commands to MP.

13. Allow Downloads

There is a new client command in the Multiplayer Options screen called "Allow Downloading." When set to on, connecting to a server that contains a new map or mod will automatically begin downloading the files associated with the map or mod.

MULTIPLAYER BUG FIXES

- Removed music from multiplayer menus
    - Fixed minefield explosion sounds not always playing correctly
    - Fixed minefield explosion damage killing nearby players
    - Teammate icons (scr_drawfriend) are smaller and slightly transparent now. They are also based on nationality.
    - Fixed crash that would happen for some people on start of multiplayer if "cl_motd" was set to "1".
    - Fixed an exploit that would turn the world solid black.
    - The "tell" command works from a dedicated console to send a message to a single client.
    - You cannot "callvote" a non-existent map from the console.
    - Fixed "callvote" failing as soon as one less than half the people vote no.
    - Fixed some issues with mods and some issues with pure servers.
    - Fixed nearby trees vanishing in large outdoor levels when lots of effects go off at once.
    - Changed the draw order on the compass so that friendlies draw on top of objectives.
    - Font files now try to load from the main language folder first.
    - Fixed bug where if you strafed off a ladder it would repeatedly grab and drop the whole way down the ladder.
    - When you fall from a ladder you no longer play the ladder climb down animation.
    - Grenades no longer float in air if they planted on something that moved.
    - Grenades no longer jiggle when planting on players.
    - Adjusted the position of the Kar98 when aiming down the sight.
    - Players no longer run in place when planting a bomb.
    - Fixed case of the gun not getting placed in the right hand when you die while reloading.
    - Fixed the reload animation playing after you respawn.
    - Fixed some view problems with the MG42.
    - Fixed cvar propagation issues seen when joining a server and then starting your own server
    - Fixed ambient sounds continuing from the previous map when starting to load the next
    - The scoreboard now is scrollable at the end of a map.
    - The icon for password-protected games should now properly show in the server browser menu.
    - Fixed a crash in the main menu that came about when users left the computer sitting at the menu for prolonged amounts of time.
    - Fixed a crash changing map and gametype via vote menu.
    - Fixed a problem with the host not being able to join a team after the map changed.
    - Fixed sporadic friendly fire message when killing an enemy player in Behind Enemy Lines.
    - Fixed a problem with cdkeys not being displayed after connecting to a server running a mod.
    - The Server Info button on the Join Server screen now displays additional server information. Friendly Fire and Kill Cam settings are now displayed.
    - Removed unused cl_timenudge cvar to prevent possible exploit.
    - Cheat-protected r_colormiplevels to prevent possible exploit.
    Last edited by |AoD| SiN; 01-30-2004, 03:59 PM.

Scott, I am happy to say: you are the COD master of this forum.
    A great job pall!!!!!
    Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
    Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
    Walk beside me and just be my friend.

The old wolf

Comment

you love the game too mutch scott
      ILL BE BACK!!!!!!

Comment

http://www.codfiles.com/file.info?ID=23179#Download

This link works, but you better hold off on patching your games...Many are already complaining about it LOL.. I'll post more info after I get home...I better get my butt back to work now...
        Last edited by |AoD| SiN; 01-30-2004, 10:26 PM.

Comment

yeehaw!!
          thanks again Sin!
          To be is to do.
          -Socratus
          To do is to be.
          -Sartre
          Do be do be do.
          -Sinatra

Comment

Originally posted by |AoD| SiN
            http://www.codfiles.com/file.info?ID=23179#Download

This link works, but you better hold off on patching your games...Many are already complaining about it LOL.. I'll post more info after I get home...I better get my butt back to work now...

Work whats that??????? LOL

Thanks for the info Scott.

Chris
            There's so damn many of them, maybe, just maybe my boys can stop them from gettin' the book. Yah, maybe I'm a Chinese jet pilot.

Comment

From the Gaming forums..These are just a few of the posts about the new cod patch...

I am not happy with this patch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I have just recently installed the patch 1.2. I goto run a server like i do everyday when i get home for 12 players. Lots of people join as usual. It has loads of lag, even for me on the network!! When i was running it on 1.1 there was no lag and all pings were decent! between 20 - 150! now they are like that for about 10 - 15 mins, then they all go above 600 and then i have everybody saying "what a **** server!" and "what a n00b server!". I hate this patch only because it's messed up my chances of running a dedicated server and i cant seem to run my mod anymore on the server because the server doesnt appear in the list when i run the server with the mod activated (it worked before!).

If you played on the server NSFU Public UK tonight sorry for the lag and soon hopefully it will be fixed.

Can anyone tell me why this has started happening? i am starting to think that it is memory leaking!

Help would be appreciated greatly

Re: I am not happy with this patch

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well first of all I wouldn't expect any mods to work with the new patch because well the versions are different and you might just have to wait till the mod makers issue a patch to make their mods work. (won't always be the case but will most times)
              secondly I haven't even seen the patch listed on the OFFICIAL site yet so I am not touching it untill it's OFFICIAL... for all you know this one is stealing your key...

Wait till the patch is on the official site as from what I see so far this is just a leaked beta patch....

s

Me2 the new patch sucks They completely ruined the sniper. Its very unrealistic with the scope moving when u zoom in

I'm not very happy with the patch either. As far as not looking through the scope after a shot, that is not realistic, I can do that easily with my deer rifle. As for it being harder to aim, that's a bit more realistic, but the tiny size of the scope view isn't.

There's no music in the main menu, my favorites have all been deleted, and when searching for a server the screen is completely messed up and its now a guessing game as to what the name of the server is, where they're at, how many people are playing, and what gametype they're running. As for ping, I can't even see it on my screen at all.

I'm extremely disappointed with this patch.

It seems they've made all the guns less accurate. Machine guns couldn't hit a barn door at 10 paces, sniper rifles don't zoom in on where you're looking, and everything seems a great deal slower. Its like playing the game in slowmo.

Roll on UT2k4.

Comment

oh so it's not good then huh? :/
                Ownage!

Comment

@[114thRD]Pvt.Millpucky

Work?????????????????

Strange people the americans very Strange!!!!!

To be present is more than enough in Holland.

LMAO man!
                  Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
                  Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
                  Walk beside me and just be my friend.

The old wolf

Comment

lol!
                    Ownage!

Comment

Working...
                    X