To be is to do.
    -Socratus
    To do is to be.
    -Sartre
    Do be do be do.
    -Sinatra

Comment

Bertie,

I am afraid Tyrant is right its a Virus.

I use the free http://www.avast.com/

But its better that you first download "Stinger"

http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

Good luck buddy
      Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
      Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
      Walk beside me and just be my friend.

The old wolf

Comment

I'm running the scan now

I will let u know what happens cor.
        Btw.. thanks

Comment

Its not a virus.. I got the same error message over and over for months. I knew what the problem was though just not how to fix it. My old modem required more power than my usb ports would allow. So it kept shutting down. Im not sure what might be happening with yours Bertie you need to get the detailed error code and google it.
          0x000000D1 Can be googled and will give you vague descriptions of the problem, at least enough to tell you its a usb problem. Here I had a quick look -- http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=317326 Honestly though, Microsoft website was useless to me, there are alot more detailed forums out there though if you have a look for em.
          Unfortunately there is little you can do without actually changing a ny hardware. A List-

Turn off usb error reporting.
          Turn down your ram speed in your bios (you would be surprised how many people have this set wrong and how many problems it can cause).
          Turn off automatic shutdown.
          Update all your drivers for everything, even keyboard/mouse if applicable!
          Do windows updating (if your pc is reasonably new, some of the new hardware out there now requires certain files that are only available in the XP updates).

So, next time you get a blue screen write down the error codes and start googling

Let me know how ya go. There was a site that was particularily helpful to me but I dont have it on Favourites anymore... Im sure I could find it again if you need it.
          Last edited by Ritsuzen; 09-25-2004, 03:06 AM.
          Viva La Ritz!

Comment

well as ritz said its not a virus (but scan it anyway)
            when does it happend
            when you are in a game or just surfing the web?
            WHAT did you put in your usb port
            did you install any new things ?
            do you have a via based motherboard?
            what kind of ram are you using
            and powersupply is ??

ohh and finaly where do we send the bill for this?
            Pure (Sweden) Biggest nOOb ever....Free Birth

Comment

Tam, nick & Cor, thanks for all your help

Although i have still to try this, i think it may be the solution to my problem - here
              I use a blackice firewall & i recently installed a 2nd hard drive onto my pc...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The BLACKDRV.SYS file Causes the Stop Error Message: 0X000000D1(0XBE70D600, 0X00000000,0X00000000,0XBE92F13C)
              Applies To
              This article was previously published under Q269279
              SYMPTOMS
              When you copy large files over the network, your computer can restart if Startup And Recovery is set to Automatically Reboot under the System Properties Advanced tab. Otherwise, your computer may generate the following STOP error message:

Stop 0X000000D1 (0XBE70D600, 0X00000000,0X00000000,0XBE92F13C)
              DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Address BE92F13C Base at BE92C000, date Stamp 394006612 BLACKDRV.SYS
              The parameters can vary depending on your computer configuration.
              CAUSE
              This behavior is caused by the Blackdrv.sys file for BlackICE from Network ICE.
              RESOLUTION
              To resolve this issue, use one of the following methods:

Disable the services used by BlackICE, and then rename the files as demonstrated in the following steps:
              Start the computer from Microsoft Windows 2000 Setup disk, and then select Recovery Console. If your CD-ROM is a startup disk, the restart from the Windows 2000 CD-ROM, and then select Recovery Console.
              Type the following commands in Recovery Console:
              disable black
              disable blackice
              cd winnt\system32\drivers
              ren blackdrv.sys blackdrv.old
              exit

Restart your computer.
              Download and install the latest version of BlackICE PC Protection software from the following ISS Web site:
              http://www.iss.net

MORE INFORMATION
              The third-party products that are discussed in this article are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.

The information in this article applies to:
              Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
              Microsoft Windows XP Professional
              Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
              Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
              Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
              Last Reviewed: 4/22/2004 (4.0)
              Keywords: kb3rdparty kberrmsg kbprb KB269279

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Btw Nick, you will be rewarded in heaven... No doubt

Thanks again

Bertie

Comment

looks interesting :|
                [BiA]Masterz0r

Comment

Yeah i have that same error but it sometimes goes and quotes something about Nvidia drive, i changed my vid card and still the same blue screen, but diferent error, its wierd, cause ,my pc has always runned between 45 and 58 degrees C, its hot, but lately its been going to 60 - 64, so im replacing my CPU fan (remember that fan u told me Nick), hope that helps...., ive been trying to look for something in bios but no luck...I HOPEFULLY, be online soon, maybe u guys can help. cause i can relate to Berti, Man that blue screen frightnes anyone
                  Last edited by [BiA] MavericK; 11-02-2004, 09:33 AM.
                  Learn on other people mistakes.....
                  You can never make them all!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X