Divinity: Original Sin Dev Working on Two New RPGs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divinity: Original Sin Dev Working on Two New RPGs

Divinity: Original Sin developer Larian Studios is working on two new role-playing games, the developer has announced.
    Larian Studios said that it already grew from 42 employees at the time Divinity: Original Sin Launched to 53, and that it will continue to grow with a new office in Quebec City.
    "The commercial success of D:OS has given us an opportunity to make true some of our bigger RPG ambitions and I’ll be damned if we don’t seize that chance," founder Swen Vincke said. "Going all in paid off in the past so we might as well try again. After all, making big epic RPGs is what this company was made for even if the route there hasn’t always been that straight."
    Vincke said that there isn't much he can reveal about the games at this point other than that they will use the Divinity: Original Sin engine. Vincke said this will allow Larian to focus on creating new content without having to fix or reinvent things they know already work well.
    "Our goal is to make new campaigns based on the same core single- and multi-player RPG engine which continuously gets improved, to perfect the rulesets driving it and to increase the amount of stuff you can do in our RPG worlds, all the while making the lore and universe(s) more solid."
    Divinity: Original Sin, in case you missed it, was also our PC Game of the Year. "No, I never I expected us to win PC Game of the Year on Gamespot," Vincke said. "Not in a million dreams. But I’m damn proud we did."
    For more on Divinity: Original Sin, check out GameSpot's previous coverage.
    For all of GameSpot's news coverage, check out our hub. Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email news@gamespot.com

More...
Working...
X