Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The rediscovery of Ethan Carter: How last year's adventure is being remade for PS4 an

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The rediscovery of Ethan Carter: How last year's adventure is being remade for PS4 an

Outspoken Polish video game designer Adrian Chmielarz last year came up with the goods. After an epiphany sent him away from the Bulletstorms of his past, towards deeper no-combat experiences, he came up with The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, and it was a gem - a compact evening of entertainment that lingered in memory far longer; a mirror prompting introspective exploration. "Peerless mystery storytelling in an engaging, open world," we declared.
    Ethan Carter sold 60,000 copies in a month and now, more than half-a-year later, it has crossed the 250,000 mark. "I stopped counting after 250,000 copies," Chmielarz tells me over a beer at Polish games conference Digital Dragons. "Considering that it's a PC platform where it's very easy to get a non-Steam torrent version then it's really good."
    He stopped counting because at that point the studio's future was relatively secure. "I mean we invested everything we had, and I mean literally - and I mean literally literally! - we invested everything to the last penny. From that point of view we have got our money back and we are able to sustain the studio and make a new game so it's OK."
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X