Assassin's Creed Rogue review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assassin's Creed Rogue review

It's easy to forget that Ubisoft really hit on something with Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag. It was one of those open-world games where you might set off towards a mission marker with good intentions, but you would seldom get there because you would be too busy being dragged this way and that by compelling diversions. It turns out Assassin's Creed Rogue is effectively Black Flag 2, and that's fine by me.
    Rogue stars Shay Patrick Cormac, an extremely Irish man (who sounds too much like football commentator Jim Beglin for me to take seriously) who falls out of love with the Assassin order after they accidentally kill thousands of people while digging up First Civilisation artefacts. He subsequently joins the Templars.
    There was a time when the lure of playing the bad guys in Assassin's Creed would have been irresistible. I still remember the first game, waking up in a futuristic science prison where I was forced to explore my genetic memories by a shady organisation. I remember desperately wanting to get out of those glossy grey rooms and discover what was going on.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X