Rich Stanton on: GTA's growing pains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rich Stanton on: GTA's growing pains

Starting today, four regular columnists will be taking turns to fill the Saturday morning opinion slot here on Eurogamer: game developer David Goldfarb, roving games writer Cara Ellison, actual pub landlord Jon "Log" Blyth and, kicking us off below, a writer who surely needs little introduction to Eurogamer readers, Rich Stanton. Find out more about the columnists in this editor's blog.
    My favourite thing to do in GTA is drive nowhere in particular. You see all sorts. The sun fading over mountains, random fights between pedestrians and - at night - you can feel the whole vibe of the city change. One evening, cruising as Franklin, I clocked a prostitute and out of professional curiosity (I promise) pulled over.
    She said something about how nice my car was. One of the things about GTA is that it's so immersive you forget you're playing GTA - until a prompt such as 'press d-pad right to beckon prostitute' pops up. Thanks to Twitter I knew that being serviced in first-person was an option, so of course did it.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X