The new characters steal the show in Invisible, Inc: Contingency Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new characters steal the show in Invisible, Inc: Contingency Plan

Contingency Plan is the new DLC pack for Invisible, Inc, a turn-based stealth affair that is swiftly becoming my game of the year. Klei Entertainment - an outfit that is swiftly becoming my developer of the decade - clearly knows what it's doing here. Contingency Plan contains new enemies and new abilities, and its big ticket item is probably a unique mission that extends the campaign - and swiftly cut a rather promising team to ribbons on my first playthrough. What's really brilliant about Contingency Plan, however, is the four new playable characters it offers. They've completely changed the way I approach things. They've completely changed the whole game for me.
    I now see that I was getting into a bit of a rut. A pleasant rut, but a rut nonetheless. Invisible, Inc is a game about sneaking into procedurally-generated corporate HQs in a vividly nasty near-future, pulling off some industrial espionage and then pegging it to the exit. But you have to find the exit before you can peg it, which means that each mission is fundamentally about exploration. This, in turn, meant that in the original game, I swiftly became addicted to leading Internationale into battle, since, in addition to a gloriously-antennaed set of headphones, she came with a special power that allowed her to reveal computery objects through walls and hack them from a distance. Inevitably, this ensured that I took to using her as a kind of Wi-Fi slug, smooshing her around the edges of every room we moved through, since she allowed me a limited view of the wider landscape.
    This still works in Contingency Plan, of course, but now Internationale has some competition.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X