The elements of style: celebrating the seventh row with Toca Lab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The elements of style: celebrating the seventh row with Toca Lab

What's your favourite? Ununtrium? Ununoctium? Ununpentium strikes me as a bit of a rogue. Those are three of the four new elements that have just been discovered - the four that finish the seventh row of the periodic table! It was strangely heartening news: actual progress! Now on to 119!
    In my house, though, we were a bit blase about it. Possibly because the naming committee is unlikely, once again, to use any of my suggestions, but largely because my daughter and I have been discovering elements for ages. Four new elements? We found ten over Christmas - one of which involved using the spinny thing, which always puts me on edge.
    This is a Toca game I'm talking about, inevitably: Toca Lab, which squidged and squelched its way into my life late last year, ostensibly for the child of the house to play with, and quickly became a compulsion for all of us. The premise is still irresistible: here's an empty periodic table and a lab full of exciting toys, perfect for finding new elements. Go to it.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X