Behind the Scenes on Dara O Briain's Go 8 Bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behind the Scenes on Dara O Briain's Go 8 Bit

Hello there. As regular readers may know, I'm currently appearing in video games TV show Dara O'Briain's Go 8 Bit, Monday nights on Dave. It's the brainchild of comedians Steve McNeil and Sam Pamphilon, who are the team captains, while I play Richard Osman.
    Every week, we invite funny people to compete at a selection of games from a range of different eras. The computer wizardry is provided by Rob Sedgebeer and his team of tech elves. There are no prizes, because it's just for fun, and as everyone knows all comedians are millionaires anyway.
    I'll be honest - we were very nervous before the first show went out. There was a lot of chatter about whether video games can even work on TV. Would people watch it? Would they hate it? Would the energy in the studio translate on screen? Would anyone pick up on the blistering sexual tension between David James and, well, everyone else in the room? (He radiates a unique blend of warmth, sagacity, and magnetic charm. It is like being in the presence of Aslan.)
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X