Watch: We attempt to survive the wilderness in Rise of the Tomb Raider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch: We attempt to survive the wilderness in Rise of the Tomb Raider

Rise of the Tomb Raider finally launches on PS4 next week, and it packs in quite a lot of new content on top of the original release. The so-called 20 Year Celebration contains a new story chapter Blood Ties, new outfits, weapons, and Expedition Cards, all of the previously released DLC, and an ultra-challenging Extreme Survivor difficulty setting.
    The game also includes new online co-op mode Endurance, which sees Lara hunting down artifacts while staving off starvation and trying to stay warm in sub-zero temperatures. It's a mode firmly centred on exploration, where perma-death looms forbodingly if you forget to forage for berries ever so often or simply wander into a spike pit.
    I've often wondered which member of our video team would prove most useful in a survival scenario. Bratt would obviously be the first to fall victim to wolves or the elements or a freak landslide for no other reason than because he's Bratt; Johnny seems like the type to whittle himself a corn cob pipe, hunker down and hope for the best. Ian, however, has played many, many survival games, so I feel for that fact alone he'd at least have the theory down on how to lean some twigs together to craft basic shelter. And me? As a rule I don't venture anywhere I can't wear suede, dahling.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X