Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

“Never in my wildest imagination did I think The Last Guardian would take this long”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Never in my wildest imagination did I think The Last Guardian would take this long”

Against all odds, the time has nearly come. After endless delays and fears it might have fallen into the void, The Last Guardian has gone gold and is all prepared for release early in December. It's pretty good, too - at least that's the impression we got after spending just over an hour with it last week. After our hands-on we got the chance to sit down briefly with the game's director Fumito Ueda - a figure almost as mystical as The Last Guardian itself during its tortured development, but in person a plain-speaking, down-to-earth designer who seems impervious to the pressures that almost ten years on one game must have wrought.
    Quite a few of us lost hope that it'd ever come out. Did you ever lose hope yourself?
    Fumito Ueda: Yeah, it's been in development for such a long time. But it's been so many years - development was ongoing. It wasn't always smooth as you'd hope. You're right, there were times when me and some of the team members thought that the game was going to be canceled. There was a lot of time without any news or update on the project, however on PS3 Ico and Shadow of the Colossus HD, the remasters, they came out. That got a lot of positive feedback, and that was like a refresh in terms of boosting our motivation.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X