Should games and politics ever mix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should games and politics ever mix?

"What are you playing at the moment?" I dread being asked this question. I always feel like I should reply, "Oh, just this really cool hand-drawn physics-based puzzler inspired by the plot of The Cherry Orchard. It's being developed by an indie studio called Robot Avocado. They're based in Dalston and it's basically this guy Jude and his Jack Russell, Amis. You won't have heard of it."
    The real answer is more likely to be whichever platformer my five-year-old is currently into. Or sometimes, nothing. I'm always promising myself that tonight is the night I'll get properly stuck into The Witcher 3. But by the time I've done tea, bath and bedtime, I don't have the energy to fight a basilisk. All I really want to do is pass out in front of that programme where Gregg Wallace and a greengrocer tell people not to buy branded Monster Munch.
    The games I do play are often shamefully uncool. At the moment, for example, I'm obsessed with a free-to-play puzzle game called Juice Jam. The idea is to match three or more fruits of the same colour so they disappear. Basically, it's Candy Crush with bananas.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X