Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 is shaping up to be every bit as good as its predecessor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divinity: Original Sin 2 is shaping up to be every bit as good as its predecessor

Editor's note: Final review code came in hot for Divinity: Original Sin 2, so ahead of our final review - which will be landing next week - we wanted to offer you some early impressions from the opening of the game. Enjoy!
    13 hours into Divinity: Original Sin 2, and I've just left the starting island. There are some long days and late nights to go before I'm ready to review this sprawling fantasy adventure properly, when I can decide whether it's a great RPG or merely a good one (and unless it turns into a kart racer in hour 14, I'm confident it's going to be pretty good). But I can tell you this: I had more fun in Original Sin 2's character creation screen than I have in several whole games I've played this year.
    Normally I find character creation a chore that must be done before I get to play the game. The abundance of choice combined with the fear of getting stuck two-dozen hours in means I normally agonise over it for ages before picking vanilla human warrior and building the party around that. But Original Sin 2 threw me a curveball in that you can play a dead guy. As soon as I realised this, I went a bit mad.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X