ABC Boss Wants A "Lost" Reboot But It May Never Happen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABC Boss Wants A "Lost" Reboot But It May Never Happen

With this new era of reboot television, some might be wondering if one of the most famous modern TV shows, Lost, might be eyed for a revival someday. It may never return to screens, but ABC Entertainment president Karey Burke hopes it might someday.
    Speaking at the Television Critics Association event recently, Burke said she dreams about Lost coming back to TV, but she stressed that no official conversations have taken place about it.
    "It's literally at this point just what I dream about when I go to bed at night," she told The Hollywood Reporter. "I have not spoken to [executive producers] Carlton [Cuse] or J.J. [Abrams] or ABC Studios about it. But I do often get asked the question what show would I reboot and often my answer is Lost--sometimes Alias. Nothing to report yet. Maybe ever. But it would be a fun thing to have a conversation about."
    If a Lost revival does happen, Cuse may not be a part of it. Cuse told THR last year that he and Lindelof have said for a long time that they wouldn't work on Lost again because "we told the story that we wanted to tell." Cuse added that he would personally be OK if ABC brought someone else on to reboot Lost with characters who go to the island at a different period of time.
    "I would be less excited if they wanted to use the characters that we had in our show," he said.
    Lost ran for six seasons from 2004 to 2010. One of its other co-creators was JJ Abrams, who would go on to direct Star Wars: The Force Awakens and the new Star Trek.
    Would you be interested in a reboot of Lost? Let us know in the comments below!

More...
Working...
X