Can not get 4 cpu`s to work with one router

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can not get 4 cpu`s to work with one router

Please Help if you can. I can not seem to connect my 4 computer`s to one online sever .I have a linksys 4 hub router & a cable modem...When one cpu is online say ... " HP2 " the other cpu`s do not even see " HP2 " online. It seems like it doesn`t see the IP address at all...
    Last edited by [BiA] SlyFi; 01-11-2003, 04:35 AM.

There might be!

...There are problems often happens when you connect computers together, like linking errors, since I also uses Linksys adapter and hubs for 9 computers, I often get non-responsed messages or the address just doesn't show up on the lan-connection part.

There is one really help-ful solution:

~ You can (must) use the same name for each computer, (i.e. Computer name: Home) every computer has to have the same name in order for them to act connected or show any IP address on the screen, its not the connection of the hubs or your Cpu, its the name most likely.

^_~...If you have anymore questions regarding Lan/Hub and etc...connection contact me, and I am glad to help!

Best Regards,
    [BiA]DragOn a.ka. Steven
    ...|AoD| DragOn...

Comment

Thanks alot for th info...Sounds Good ill give it a try...Cant wait to have lan Partys..........Ill let you know what happens Steve........

Comment

Hey! No Problem

...No Problem, I try to help if I can, If it doesn't work. let me know, I'll think of some other ways.

Best regards,
        Steven a.k.a [BiA] DragOn
        ...|AoD| DragOn...

Comment

Well it didn`t work.... it seems to help a little....Sometimes the sever is there, sometimes it`s not.....When the sever is there.& im in with one cpu, when my 2nd cpu went to enter the sever it said ,I`m sure you saw this.."Waiting for gamestate"....and never could get in.........And when it tryed to get in ,my first cpu would get connecting problems....Well like i said i got a little closer to getting it to work, i hope....Thats with your help....LOL ...I changed the name like you said....In the networking part...I made sure that the... CPU name & Discription was the same..tnks again anymore help would be nice.... ..... From Steven... aka {BIA} SlyFi

Comment

Try this...

...Since you are currently using "LinkSys".

Let me ask you, What OS are you using? (i.e. Win98SE, WinXp...etc) :

***Read Each Step Patiently***

If you are using Win98 (SE), Win2000, Win-Me, or WinXP...does not include Linux.

These are some of the steps:

~ In "Network Configuration"
            __________________________________________________ ______

o-Click the "Identification" Icon.

o-Type the Name of your computer in the "Computer Name" field. Choose a name that is unique from the other computer names on the network.

o- Type the name of your workfroup in the "Workgroup" field. The Workgroup name should be the same Workgroup name in use by all of the other PCs on the network.

o- The "Computer Description" field can be used for entering a description of your computer.

o- From the Access Control tab, you can set the level of access those on the network will have to this computer(the computer your using right now).

o- Your system maybe asked for your OS Cd (only if you are using Win98), then Click the OK button.

o-Then restart your system at once. (After you have finish all the steps above.)

...o- A Logon window will appear, requiring you to enter a User name and Password (if you haven't already) and click the OK button. Do not click Cancel button or press Escape [ESC] key as this will prevent you from logging into the network. If the logon does not appear or if it does not allow you to log on, refer to the OS trouble shooting section.

...o- Once you are at the Windows desktop, double-click on the Network Neighborhood icon. You should see one icon for the entire network and the names of the other PCs on the network.

...o- [B]If you cansee your computer along with all the other computers on the network in Network Neighborhood, then the Window Configuration is complete. Now you can share/Print files in any comps, And of-course you can play : Return to Castle Wolfenstein...The best online game of the year...lolz

I hope this way works, because this is my only last and final solution for this problem error...

Take time and patience to READ...
            don't be hastly and Read and also follow each direction.

...>>>>>Thanks for Your Time<<<<<<....
            Steven..aka...[BiA] DragOn
            ...|AoD| DragOn...

Comment

No good,I tryed everything .my network seems to be working find just cant play RTCW. Im starting to lose it....MY head that is .......well ill still keep trying untill somebody might know what happen.....Like i said i just cant play RTCW in one server however i can play Battelfield 1942, unreal. & War craft...on one server with all my computers.....tnks 4 all your help...BIA SLYFI

Comment

i FIX IT WITH A ADD ON TO MY .EXE. IN MY SHORTCUT
                i ADDED ... +SET NET_PORT 27661..TO MY SHORTCUT AFTER THE EXE"
                MY 2 CPU I DID THE SAME BUT DIFFERANT # like so.. +set net_port 27662.. and so on tnks for all your guys...
                Last edited by [BiA] SlyFi; 02-01-2003, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X