We need to talk about Yaiba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need to talk about Yaiba

"F***." You'll hear that a lot in Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z, the odd Ninja Gaiden spin-off created by the unlikeliest trio in game development: Keiji Inafune's Comcept, Ninja Gaiden's Team Ninja and Lost Planet 3's Spark Unlimited.
    You'll hear that and more expletives from Yaiba, the cyborg ninja star of the third-person hack-and-slash as he cuts through the game's comic book zombie horde. He's an angry chap, is Yaiba. The origin story: for some reason he was sliced to bits by Ninja Gaiden's Ryu Hayabusa and for some reason he was brought back to life. All he has is his hate, a robot arm and in-ear guidance from the hyper sexualised Miss Monday - Yaiba's "in-game tour guide" - as he goes on a revenge mission as tiresome as the clichés this game is riddled with.
    Yaiba is the quintessential douchebag. His eye-rolling conversations with Miss Monday's bulging bust are listed under the heading "a sense of humour all its own", but they're about as funny as Duke Nukem Forever. He says things like "take a suck," "I've always known exactly where to stick my sword, sugar tits," and, "can I see through your dress with this thing?" Yes, I think Yaiba is a douchebag.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X