Game Of Thrones: Iron from Ice review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Of Thrones: Iron from Ice review

Editor's note: We're taking a different approach to reviews of episodic game series like Game of Thrones, in which the debut episode will be reviewed without a score, as here, and we'll review the whole season with a score at its conclusion.
    All things considered, I'm glad I don't have to put a score on Game of Thrones after just this episode. It's a series with potential, and one scene in particular standing out as a blistering reminder of what separates this from your average fantasy tale. At the same time though, it's my least favourite first episode of a Telltale series for quite a while, and the one that most often feels like the company finally biting off more than it can chew.
    I want to be wrong about that, and I'm not ruling it out. At its heights, one in particular, this episode shows great promise. It also does, in fairness, have a tougher job than most first episodes. Setting up a story and cast of characters is tricky enough without everything being directly comparable to the most popular fantasy show ever made, and there's a lot of new politics and world building to do before things can really kick off. It's just a shame that it takes almost the entire episode before that happens; two somewhat damp hours.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X