Rebel Galaxy review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebel Galaxy review

I think the system militia like me, though I'm not entirely sure. There was an incident a while back where they caught me smuggling Space Slaves (presumably somehow different to regular slaves) and we had an argument. Thinking it would end in my doom and the reloading of a saved game, I consented to a Space Fight, but then found myself Space Victorious and my Space Reputation slightly tarnished.
    Only slightly. The thing is, I've brought in so many bounties for the Militia that they don't seem bothered about my murdering the crew of a couple of patrol vessels and their opinion remains steadfastly "Neutral." This hasn't stopped me taking a sneaky little job on the side with one of their captains, either. It's a mission where we assault a base together and every time we set off I prepare to watch my colleague die over and over again because they're too stupid not to fly straight into a swarm of enemy ships. No big deal, since they're always alive again when I nip back to the outpost we started from, so we try once more. Space, I suppose, is a silly place.
    Space is also a very big place and much of it is empty, meaning my life as a mercenary-cum-trader involves a lot of long and languid cruises back and forth in whatever my newest vessel is, rock music blaring out the Space Radio and my travels occasionally marred by brief bouts of intense violence. A lot like a day in the life of a Top Gear presenter.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X