If they can get Just Cause 3 fixed, we're in for a treat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If they can get Just Cause 3 fixed, we're in for a treat

Editor's note: Just Cause 3's review embargo has just lifted, though we wanted to take a little more time with the game to take into consideration patches that have recently arrived on PC and console. We'll be posting our final review in the very near future, and based on final patched console code, and for now here's an impressions piece based on a handful of hours with the PC version.
    Just Cause 3 can be a little bit broken at times, and yet the 15 hours I've spent with it so far have been as lovely as they've been maddening. On console, I gather that the problems come largely in the form of frame-rate issues and increasingly lengthy loading times. On PC - since a Monday morning patch, at least - the frame-rate fluctuates noticeably on my machine, depending on how much mayhem is taking place, while the loading is generally pretty zippy. Beyond that, however, there are stranger, seemingly more imaginative issues.
    You'll go for a buzz around the mountaintops in a small plane, and the ground will break up into a jagged lo-poly maze. What's that huge thing flying through the air up ahead? It's a fishing boat, actually, and it's not flying so much as floating on an ocean that has suddenly become invisible. Best of all, when I die in battle, I sometimes respawn by rising, imperiously, out of the ground, as if riding a phantom elevator through the dirt. Sometimes I will get in a car that crashes the game every time I do a handbrake turn. Sometimes, I will be invading a base when all the floors will suddenly become translucent. It's all in a day's work, I guess.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X