Unsung games of 2015: Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsung games of 2015: Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide

Given that I have already bored my friends, colleagues and loved ones to tears talking about Vermintide, it feels strange to be writing about it as one of the unsung gems of 2015. I have talked about this game a lot - to the point, frankly, where I feel I owe several people an apology.
    I tried to rein it in, honest. I made every effort not to be that guy who describes a victory they had online last night as if it was something they achieved in real life, or delves into the minutiae of tome locations and forge plans with someone who's never even seen the game - much less started to pick at its secrets. I tried to rein it in, and I failed spectacularly.
    But the reason I've been trying to convert my friends to Vermintide so earnestly is that I want them to feel the same sense of giddy excitement I did when I first realised how well made this game is. I've accompanied two different friends on their first forays into Vermintide, allowing me to witness in them the same moment of discovery I had: that moment when you realise this game is more than just a pretty Left 4 Dead reskin. It's got character, it's got balance, and it feels fantastic.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X