Finally, tide turns in war with PC game crackers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, tide turns in war with PC game crackers

I never thought I'd see this: video game pirates admitting defeat. But that's what appears to have happened. Notorious Chinese game cracker 3DM warned that "in two years' time I'm afraid there will be no [illegally] free games to play in the world". That was alias Bird Sister speaking, the founder of 3DM (via TorrentFreak).
    The reason is Denuvo Anti-Tamper technology, a kind of forcefield around a game's digital rights management solution (DRM). Anti-Tamper stops people tampering with game files and changing them to work without game discs or account log-ins or whatever the DRM requires. When games work freely wherever, by whomever, they're considered 'cracked' and can be shared around the internet.
    I wrote about Denuvo a year ago after Anti-Tamper successfully kept video games FIFA 15, Lords of the Fallen and Dragon Age: Inquisition un-cracked and therefore un-pirated for weeks after launch. In an era of games being cracked on the day of launch - or even days before - that was unprecedented.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X