There's a problem with The Division's Dark Zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's a problem with The Division's Dark Zone

It's been just over a week since The Division's launch, and it's been a successful start for Ubisoft's online RPG so far - week one sales for the game saw it topple Destiny as the biggest new IP launch, with it taking in some $330 million in just five days. With around 50 hours on the clock, I'm still having fun rolling around an abandoned New York, too, mopping up side missions while dipping in and out of the dailies in a slow and steady effort to build a load-out of shiny yellow high-end gear in preparation for the incoming Incursions, The Division's take on MMO raids.
    I'm having a good time, basically, even if I'm not putting in ten hours a day anymore - in all honesty it's nice to slow down a little and enjoy the game at a more reasonable pace. That said, I'm still bouncing up against some of the issues with the end-game - problems that become more pronounced the more time you put in. The biggest issue is that the Dark Zone - the area at the heart of The Division's map, and its big PvP offering - becomes almost completely redundant once you've reached the end-game.
    In The Division, once you hit level 30 the game becomes about acquiring Phoenix Credits - and you'll be needing around 120 of them in order to get some decent gear from in-game vendors. In the very early days - and when I say early I mean within around 48 hours of the game's launch - farming credits could be done easily enough in the Dark Zone, where high level named enemies dropped a handsome handful of them, and where players were able to kit themselves out in the very best kit in no time at all.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X