Civ 6 versus Civ 5: what a difference 200 turns make

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ 6 versus Civ 5: what a difference 200 turns make

Editor's note: Final review code for Civilization 6 was only supplied to Eurogamer late yesterday afternoon, and we'll be working to get a full review up on the site early next week. In the meantime, here are impressions culled from a near-final build supplied earlier by 2K.
    There's always been something magical to me about the first 200 turns of a game of Civilization 5. I've seen some people claim victory in that time, though I am no such power player. Instead, it's the unhurried, exploratory forays in to the unknown that provide a joy of discovery that has remained undiminished across several games and countless hours of play time. It's an excitement borne from potential and of grand plans; of making choices and standing at forks in the road.
    Later, as the mid-game looms, that excitement of discovery returns once more with the unearthing of the Archaeology tech and the unveiling of sites of antiquity; more goodies to seek out and gambles to take. There's a lot that happens in between, of course, but those two points at opposite ends of that 200-turn scale bookend my most played period of the game and represent catalysts for much that I have loved about it over the past six years.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X