Sitting down with Shenmue 3 and Yu Suzuki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sitting down with Shenmue 3 and Yu Suzuki

This year at Gamescom, I had a remarkable opportunity to sit down and discuss Shenmue 3 with Yu Suzuki himself. As a long-time Sega fan, it was difficult not to be excited by the proposition. After all, during his tenure at Sega, Suzuki and his team at AM2 crafted many of the greatest and most influential arcade games of all time. This was followed with the incredibly ambitious Shenmue - a game I enjoyed so much that it singlehandedly sparked the creation of the DF Retro series.
    I wasn't alone in my excitement. Fans the world over picked their collective jaws up off the floor in disbelief when Shenmue's unmistakable music filled the auditorium on Sony's E3 2015 stage. Shenmue 3 was to become reality and Yu Suzuki himself was building the team that would make it. It quickly became clear that this announcement was just the starting point, however, and fans would be waiting for the final product for quite some time.
    On the eve of this year's Gamescom then, a new teaser was shared with the community. With facial expressions yet to be fully implemented, the trailer led some to question the progress of the game and I hoped to learn more about this during our session with Suzuki. Upon arrival at the meeting point, I was ushered into a small room neatly decorated with Shenmue themed wallpaper and, after a greeting Suzuki and executive producer Harry Morishita, my attention was quickly diverted to a TV resting at the front of the room.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X