Remembering Dyna Blaster, the first Battle Royale game I played

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remembering Dyna Blaster, the first Battle Royale game I played

26 years on, the opening ditty to Dyna Blaster on the Amiga is still seared into my memory, a perfect, personal time capsule that exists nowhere else but my brain. I only need to hum the first 10 seconds of that jingle and suddenly I'm transported back in time to 1991. 12 years old and huddled around an Amiga 500+ with four of my friends in a tiny bedroom in Garsington, Oxford.
    God, we had so much fun playing Dyna Blaster's Battle Mode that summer. With every match we'd laugh until our sides hurt and tears ran down our cheeks. We'd scream with excitement at every kill, we'd jostle and punch arms with every loss and we'd continue on that way for hours until a hungry belly, or an exasperated parent sent us home.
    If you're not familiar with Dyna Blaster by the way, that's probably because you knew it by a different name. Dyna Blaster was the name given to the European versions of Bomberman that came out in 1991. It's a replacement name that lacks the snap of the original but at least it's better than 'Eric and the Floaters" the unfortunate title given to the 1983 version of Bomberman for the ZX Spectrum. But anyway, I digress.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X