Mionix Feeds New Naos 8200 Gaming Mouse a 32-bit ARM Chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mionix Feeds New Naos 8200 Gaming Mouse a 32-bit ARM Chip

I'm a little surprised that Mionix doesn't have a Wikipedia page. The Swedish maker of gaming peripheral devices has been around for half a decade, and I had been happily using the company's Naos 5000 mouse until my Schipperke chewed it up. It was the company's top of the line rodent until today, replaced by the Naos 8200 gaming mouse with a 32-bit ARM processor and 8200 DPI laser sensor.
    Note that I haven't played with the Naos 8200 in person, but according to Mionix, the new rodent sports a "truly ergonomic design" with support for all five fingers. From a comfort standpoint, it features five layers of rubber coating, which also helps with grip.
    The 32-bit ARM chip is clocked at 72MHz and powers the high DPI sensor. There's also 128kb of built-in memory to store custom settings and recorded macros, up to five profiles in all. There's a customized LED lighting system, in-game 3-step DPI adjustment, 7 fully programmable buttons, 1,000Hz polling rate, 1ms response time, and a Surface Quality Analyzer Tool. (S.Q.A.T.) that measures the tracking quality of your gaming surface.

Mionix says the Naos 8200 is available to pre-order now ($90) and will ship in December.
    Follow Paul on Google+, Twitter, and Facebook

More...
    ClanofIdiots.com Administrator
    PcGamingNetworks.com Co-owner
    webmaster@clanofidiots.com
Working...
X