X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honorary membership

Honorary members

What BiA means to me…

It’s a strange feeling, that what BiA means to me, I am no longer a member but feel I will always be a member in a different sense of the word.

Personally I think that all past members that had the pleasure of serving under Han’s leadership will always be honorary members of BiA

Han’s was a truly exceptional leader; he guided & shaped BiA into what it is today.
    Chuck I know we have had our disagreements in the past, but one of the reasons I think I never accepted you as the leader is because in my heart of hearts I always hoped and still do that Han’s shall one day return to Leader of BiA (although I know it’s not going to happen.) So I guess in a way it makes all the current leaders ‘mere’ caretakers of BiA & I mean no offence when I say this.

This post is about a couple of things, firstly I would like to apologise to those that I have upset over the past year. Secondly to thank you all for the great times I have had.
    And thirdly to ask if it is possible to remove the free birth tags removed from all our names and replaced with honorary membership.

The new clans that were formed after Han’s departure are only extensions of BiA, the reason they decided to stay on the same forum, to me only enforce that.

Even after my leaving from BiA I have made even stronger relationships with current past and present members of BiA, but then again that was the reason BiA was and still is so strong, through friendships and understanding.

It was a conversation I had with Cor the other night that sparked this sudden rejoice in BiA again for me, but one thing I remember the most about our conversation was the fact he said that the founder members of BiA were held on a pulpit

To me, this does not seem fair; I would prefer that anyone that had the pleasure of severing under Han’s reign were the founder members of BiA.

So before I go, I would like to raise a toast and salute all the current members of BiA & all the honorary members

Amen

Bertie

hmm no offense Thunder Balls, but I thought an honorary membership was something that was granted and not applied for...

And it's my opinion that the current leaders are doing a fine job carrying on a legacy left by the founders not as "caretakers", but as new leaders with the exact same value system that [BiA] was founded upon..

Furthermore, I think granting honorary membership status to all former members that left in good standing would lessen the value of that title for the current honorary members that earned it.

Comment

Some really nice words Bertie, and yes the times when Hans was a leader were great. But the time with Chuck were also very cool, and I appreciate the way of ruling the clan like he did.

@Hans and Scott
      Hans....Scott...Bertie introduced this already, and I've said this a million times to you both, but another time I want to say that you were the greatest leader and co-leader I have ever had in my RTCW/ET history. This great time started at november the 17th when I joined this forum. I knew only a few members, but when I got to know Hans, in no-time I knew most of you all. The =MP= time was also very cool, unfortunatly it took only a short period of time. I bring out another toast for you 2 only. Great Job guys!

@Chuck, Sergio and Emma
      I also want to bring out some good words about these 3 great human beings. The time while you were a leader was quite different from Hans his period. This doesnt mean that it was a great time. I know there were some times we had problems because of myself, but it was still great. The members are still fantastic towards to me, and I apreciate that very very much. The reaction in my post of leaving made me feel terrible sometimes, although they were very nice. So Im also bringing out a toast for the current leaders and leaders of the future. Also a great job you 3!

@Sandra (cu99) and Sandra (Angel in White)
      A few words for you both too. I want to thank you 2 for supporting me in those times. A third toast goes out to you both.

My last toast goes out to the rest of you great members! WAYHEY!

Well these were my words. Im sill considering about my clan-future cause there are a few members who asked me to come back already. Some others are really sad about it....Im a bit desperated but In a few days I know what Im going to do.

For now, a good day/night to you all, and I wish you all a happy future within BiA, with......or without me.

greetz..
      Jesper
      Last edited by [BiA] MasterMind; 08-26-2003, 01:09 AM.
      [BiA]Masterz0r

Comment

Bertie,
        I like the old days of BiA, all of the fun! Kicking major butt on the HP servers. No clan or group could get the objective if we were guarding it.

As a leader of the clan I don't think it would be acceptable to grant x-members honorary status. The former [BiA] members left of their own accord.
        Free Birth is a term that Hans came up with. My understanding of the term is that the member is free from BiA and left in good standing and is able to return whenever they wish. We did add a little rule recently that members reapplying may have to go through a trial period but that is so that members that we don't want back, one specifically realize that they don't have a chance to get back in.

However that doesn't mean that the current members that know you guys don't honor you. I really respect the former members, even the ones that I didn't agree with, yes that was you sometimes Bertie. Being a democratic clan means doing what the members elected you to do, and that is to uphold the rules that we all agreed to abide by when we joined. I think the friendships caused more members to leave than anything else. I am happy that the other members didn't go far.

As far as holding the former leaders on a pulpit, well that is wrong. I felt that honoring them for all of the valuable time and effort that they put into this great clan should be honored. It really is my hope that if do a good job while the leader of this clan that I can “EARN” an honorary membership. Something that you may not be aware of is the fact that the clan voted on the honorary membership status for the x-leaders, it was not just the current leaders, which made the decision. The members voted in the private section of the forum. I have stated outright in the forum that another reason that I gave Hans, Scott and Sandra honorary membership is to get them back in the clan. It was not a mystery.

I hope that the x-leaders take this the way it is intended. All three of them approched me and I told tham that I would carry on the BiA leader role. BiA is bigger than the leader! If I ever forget that then they can vote me out.
        Last edited by SunnyBoy; 08-26-2003, 07:15 AM.
        I know where I am concerning where I was, things always look better depending on how far you look back.

Comment

Chuck I am speachless...I couldn't have summed that up better myself!

The
          [BiA] Leadership is doing an awesome job, and they have DEARLY earned their roles as leaders...Therefore, the leaders & members (past and present) all have my uttermost respect & honor!
          Futhermore, and in conclusion, I am very proud to be an honorary member of
          [BiA]!

Scott
          Last edited by |AoD| SiN; 08-26-2003, 04:28 AM.

Comment

well i dont care what clan you all are in
            but for me you all are Honorary friends

Nick
            Pure (Sweden) Biggest nOOb ever....Free Birth

Comment

Well said Chuck!! Very nicely put!!

No hagas lo que no te guste que hagan a ti..

LIFE IS TOO SHORT.. LOVE IS SEEING AN IMPERFECT PERSON, PERFECT!!

Comment

Ok guys maybe I was wrong to state that I think all Ex-BiA deserver honorary membership, after reading your posts I decided to look it up @
                http://dictionary.cambridge.org/
                One of the most famous dictionaries in the world!

It clearly states…
                “Honorary adjective
                1 (especially of a degree) given as an honour to someone who has not completed a course of study:
                She received an honorary doctorate from Oxford University in recognition of her work for the homeless.”

“Membership group noun [C]
                all the people who belong to an organization:
                Our membership is/are divided on the issue.
                The society has a very large membership (= number of members).”

Hans and co, did work tirelessly for BiA in there time so yes it is nice to give them the privilege of Honorary membership & as Crapshoot says “Furthermore, I think granting honorary membership status to all former members that left in good standing would lessen the value of that title for the current honorary members that earned it.”

I’m sorry that some of you misinterpreted my post, it was not in any way to attack the current leadership of BiA, in fact maybe the way things are at present it shows a greater testament to Chuck’s character, than to mine as he is still a member of BiA and I am not.

Bertie
                Last edited by ; 08-26-2003, 07:23 PM.

Comment

But before this thread is closed or removed from the forum I would like to change my request from Honorary Membership to…
                  Honorary friends.

“Friend (COMPANION) noun [C]
                  1 a person whom you know well and whom you like a lot, but who is usually not a member of your family:
                  She's my best/oldest/closest friend - we've known each other since we were five.
                  He's a family friend/friend of the family.
                  This restaurant was recommended to me by a friend of mine.
                  We've been friends for years.
                  José and Pilar are (good) friends of ours.
                  We're (good) friends with José and Pilar”

When looking up Honorary Membership in the dictionary I though of BananPure statement
                  “Well I don’t care what clan you all are in
                  But for me you all are honorary friends”

To me this is the truth of the matter, and I still wish to know if the ‘free birth’ can be removed of ex-BiA names and instead replaced with ‘Honorary Friends’?

This is the last favour; I will ask from my former BiA Family.
                  Last edited by ; 08-26-2003, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Bertie,
                    I have deleted this post I am afraid there was a misunderstanding ad my side.
                    (on a pulpit ) strange word to me, didnt know what you mean with that word but I have looked it up in my Dictionary.

Sorry
                    Last edited by COR[NL]; 08-27-2003, 10:50 AM.
                    Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
                    Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
                    Walk beside me and just be my friend.

The old wolf

Comment

Maybe pulpit was the wrong word anyway :P

pulpit noun [C]
                      a raised place in a church, with steps leading up to it, from which the priest speaks to the people during a religious ceremony

Maybe I should consult my online dictionary a bit more myself before I make a lot rash statements in the future to.

….Maybe ‘respect’ was the word I should have used,
                      respect (ADMIRATION) noun [U]
                      admiration felt or shown for someone or something that you believe has good ideas or qualities:
                      I have great/the greatest respect for his ideas, although I don't agree with them.
                      She is a formidable figure who commands a great deal of respect (= who is greatly admired by others).
                      New teachers have to earn/gain the respect of their students.

Oh well mate no harm done, so it’s true what they say “you learn something new every day"

...And just as my email bomber was primed and ready to attack your email in-box

Comment

Yes Bertie, respect would have beeing a better word because that's what I have and always shall have for [BiA]!!

Some people dont realise that it was the greatest clan of the world that time and that I leaved it with REAL tears in my eyes.

[BiA] was my first clan!!! I am not a clanhopper you know.
                        Oh and Bertie, Sunny has a good point in his post :

Quote Sunnyboy (However that doesn't mean that the current members that know you guys don't honor you. )

I feel and get great respect from all [BiA]'s and former [BiA]'s
                        I dont need to have honor on paper because I feel and have it in my heart that's important to me, nobody can take that away.

But a what the heck I get sentimental again, have a good time in your new clan M8 and know that you have a virtual friend in Holland who honors you in his heart ok?

Bye pall.

The old wolf
                        Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
                        Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
                        Walk beside me and just be my friend.

The old wolf

Comment

I just had a thought

....This is all spam

Comment

All the kind words spoken in this thread come all right from my heart, and thereby leave me speechless... What more can i say?; i have nothing to add..

Still, what a pity Bertie, that you felt the need to add this:
                            Originally posted by =|RFA|=ThunderBalls
                            I just had a thought

....This is all spam

Hans
                            |ToaK|-Website Dulce bellum inexpertis.
                            (War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)

Comment

Originally posted by |ToaK| John Doe
                              All the kind words spoken in this thread come all right from my heart, and thereby leave me speechless... What more can i say?; i have nothing to add..

Still, what a pity Bertie, that you felt the need to add this:

Hans
                              You only deserve GOOD words Hans, no bad words for you my friend!

Jesper
                              [BiA]Masterz0r

Comment

Working...
                              X