Spawn killing/camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spawn killing/camping

I would like to speak to my fellow BIA members about something that concerns me. I understand that the game we play is a "war" game and that anything goes in war. I can except that. What bothers me is the great amount of spawn killing that goes on. Now I understand that on HPII there is a 3-5 second buffer time when you spawn that you cannot be killed. That does not stop people from entering your spawn and waiting or camping outside the spawn area with a panzer and shooting the minute you walk out. Now there is a reason that I am bringing this to BIA's attention. And that is because it has come to my attention that several of our members are doing what I just described. What bothers me is that we are supposed to be a fun clan. Spawn killing/camping takes all the fun out of the game especially when you continue to get killed before you can even get "in" the game. We pride ourselves on being fun, friendly and respectful of others. I would like to add fair to that motto also. I made mistakes in the past as far as my behavior, and I will be the first to admit that I was totally wrong. I just feel that all though we are playing a "war game" we should at least play it with some rules. I hope others feel the same way I do, but I will understand those who don't.

Thank you,
    [bia]tmbstne (Doug)
    Freedom isn't free.
    Thank an American war Veteran for yours.

Yep that's true Doug, I don't like spawn-killing either. But you can't make people stop it, cause when our members stop with it, other players go on with it. That's the problem.

Jesper

--> POST #390 <--
    Last edited by [BiA] MasterMind; 02-07-2003, 10:37 PM.
    [BiA]Masterz0r

Comment

I agree, Douglas.
      But I have to say, that I never saw a [BiA] doing spawnkilling all the time.
      Nevertheless...if I get killed all the time by a spawnkiller, I always wish him to hell!
      In this case, it would be better it is no [BiA].

Greetz and kisses,

cu99

Comment

You are so very right Master, but the point I want to bring out is that we are better than the others. I want the clan to be respected as much for what it DOESN'T do as well as for what it does do. I'm sure you understand this.
        Freedom isn't free.
        Thank an American war Veteran for yours.

Comment

I feel the same way.. Although spawn-camping is not illegal, it is hardly an honourable thing to do..

But there are situations where spawnkilling is a very tactical thing to do, and can even be a necessity to win a battle..

But in general, i will hereby pronounce that spawnkilling just for the points, can't count on my sympathy..

So please act honourable as much as you can, brothers and sisters.. It is the [BiA] style....

Hans
          |ToaK|-Website Dulce bellum inexpertis.
          (War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)

Comment

Originally posted by [BiA] John Doe
            So please act honourable as much as you can, brothers and sisters.. It is the [BiA] style....

Hans
            Hehe...yep we all have to act honourable......it isn't hard, just try to act like Hans, or Sandra, or maybe me .
            [BiA]Masterz0r

Comment

YOU MASTERMIND, you have to be kidding. LOL just kidding.

Comment

weird guy :P
                ClanofIdiots.com Administrator
                PcGamingNetworks.com Co-owner
                webmaster@clanofidiots.com

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                  YOU MASTERMIND, you have to be kidding. LOL just kidding.
                  No i was serious
                  [BiA]Masterz0r

Comment

no the unregged guy !
                    ClanofIdiots.com Administrator
                    PcGamingNetworks.com Co-owner
                    webmaster@clanofidiots.com

Comment

The best thing about a spawn killer is that they keep coming back for more. On HPII pow escape the keep coming back to death. It was great. I just sat there with my panz and killed, killed killed. i think killing a spawn killer is much more fun than spawn killing.

defnition of a spawn killer - A player that kills at the point of entry for the opposing forces.

Reasons for spawn killing: Points, Taticle advantage.

situation: Then enemy develops a way to get the forces to an area without any chance of loosing them. (Spawn) And then they have a 5 second window in which to ready themselves for combat. (The invincible 5 second period after spawing.) If you aren't ready by that point then you will get killed. Learn from the experiance. No one could build it into the game that you can't spawn kill, so it will always be part of the game. Leuts throwing airstrikes outside a door or panzers killing inside a building are a problem. for the opposing team. Even though it isn't fun this is a situation tht you need to rise to to be able to win the game. Leaving a player on defense or two is fine to prevent this.

I would never spawn kill but having the chance and the fun of taking them out their game is awesome.

Remeber its a simulation don't be held back by gaming conventions.
                      I know where I am concerning where I was, things always look better depending on how far you look back.

Comment

well spawn killing is debateable not alot of ppl like it
                        cuz all you do is sit and camp
                        but it happens have to learn to get use to it i suppose
                        but at times it is overly excess and becomes frankly annoying

Comment

[BiA] SunnyBoy pretty much breaks it down, but I am FOR spawn killilng.

1. Tactical Advantage: It is tactic, Best Defence is the Better Offense.

2. Practice: If you know your weapon ex: panzer can take a spread of 5 enemies with a hit placed at spot X, you are more prepared than the other guy w/ out practice. Or ex: LT. knows the time of his airstrikes/painted target and times it out well enough they spawn and walk out into the hell you unleashed.

3. Its legal, no cheating is involved.

4. Takes stealth and talent to get to the objective to spawn rape. To have the discipline to not kill someone on the way to an objective to maintain stealth/element of surprise is very talented indeed.

5. Owning the Zone: If they have a fresh spawn of 5 players fighting with your teams 1 spawn raper, your team is obviously advancing.

I think you guys are very cool for not wanting to spawn kill etc to make the game more enjoyable for others, but don't think many people will notice that so and so clan isn't spawn killing.

Also once you begin match games/tourneys be prepared to have it done to you, for I'm sure an enemy squad will use it to their advantage, mostly if they know you don't spawn raid.

Swift, Silent, Deadly... HP =HOUDINI=
                          =HØÜÐÌÑÍ=
                          DF1 - CTF Match Record (Wins: 46 Losses: 9 Ties: 4)
                          -Guts and Glory Delta Force 1 Champions 10/15/2000
                          -Nova Guild Delta Force 1 Champions 12/02/2000
                          -The Realm Leagues Delta Force 1 Champions 1/27/01
                          -Tango 6 Tournemy Delta Force 1 Champions 2/3/01

I Blaze A Path Thru Battle For Others To Follow...

Comment

Spawn Killing doesn't bother me much if it is the opponent that is doing it. What that means to me is that they have 1 or more players that aren't concentrating on the objective(s).

Typically there are multiple spawning choices / exit points from a spawn...so I just avoid them. And stay focused.

If a player is on my team and spawn killing the opponent, I would ask them to please join the team and help to win the game.

Comment

Well said Houdini.
                              I know where I am concerning where I was, things always look better depending on how far you look back.

Comment

Working...
                              X