No announcement yet.

Where You Buy Your Computer Cases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sons of the Forest is leaving early access. It will be getting its beefier version 1.0 release next year, on 22nd February.

In addition, developer Endnight Games has announced that Shawn Ashmore - whom you will likely recognise from Remedy's Quantum Break and, more recently, Alan Wake 2 - has joined the cast. He will be voicing Timmy.

Timmy, for those unaware, is the son of Eric LeBlanc, protagonist of the first game (which was simply known as The Forest). Endnight Games has said his role in the story will be expanded when version 1.0 goes live next year.

Read more

More...

Comment

The Mercenary class has been unveiled for Path of Exile 2, and notably, it brings a whole new style of play to the game: shooter gameplay. It doesn't mean the game has suddenly gone first-person, but it does mean optional - and fluidly interchangeable - WASD movement is coming to the series for the first time. And that you can now move slightly while attacking.
      The Mercenary revolves around the crossbow weapon they carry, which behaves - depending on the type of crossbow - like either a shotgun, an assault rifle, or a sniper rifle. You can carry two kinds of crossbow at the same time.
      What your crossbow does also depends heavily on the kind of ammo you're using. If you're using incendiary ammo, for instance, your assault rifle crossbow will spin-up like a mini-gun and be devastating - and fiery - once revved up. Meanwhile, your sniper crossbow with incendiary ammo will behave more like a rocket launcher, exploding on impact. Frost ammo, meanwhile, freezes enemies and also creates varying kinds of frost effects - or ice walls - on the floor depending on which crossbow you use. Oh, and there's a grenade-launcher attachment too, because why not? And again, there are varying types of grenade you can fire.
      Read more

More...

Comment

The Game Awards 2023 is tonight and we'll be reporting it live, right here. So if you need a quick summary of everything that's happened, or you simply want to watch it along with us then please do - we've got your back.
        Oh, and this year there's bingo. That's right, in an effort to stay awake and keep ourselves entertained, we've come up with a bingo card full of things Geoff Keighley may or may not do during the show. We think you'll like it.
        The Game Awards 2023 begins at the ungodly hour of half-past midnight in the UK (0.30am GMT) and is likely to run on way past 3am. But think of all the announcements! I know Geoff Keighley has changed the language away from "world premieres" for the event, which suggests he doesn't have many world premieres, but there's still likely to be lots to talk about. In fact - tease - we know of a few things.
        Read more

More...

Comment

Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom producer Eiji Aonuma has responded to fans' hopes of a traditional linear Zelda game, saying he believes games with a strict path are "games of the past".
          The debate has been argued ever since the release of Breath of the Wild, and Aonuma gave his thoughts on the topic in a new interview with IGN.
          "It's interesting when I hear people say [I miss traditional linear Zelda]," Aonuma revealed, "because I'm wondering 'why do you want to go back to a type of game where you're more limited or more restricted in the types of things or ways you can play?'"
          Read more

More...

Comment

Shadow Gambit: The Cursed Crew is one of the year's best releases as far as I'm concerned, but its arrival was bittersweet, given developer Mimimi Games announced it was shutting up shop shortly after. Since then, the team has wrapped up work on two final DLC drops introducing new characters, islands, and more - but it turns out that wasn't quite everything it had in store: in a surprise final update, Mimimi has now launched an expansive "modding tool" for PC.

Shadow Gambit launched back in August, and saw Mimimi revisiting its beloved stealth-tactics genre - which it'd already bought to life with impressive flair in Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun and Desperatdos 3 - with an instantly appealing pirate fantasy twist. The result, as I wrote in my four star review was a blend of "raucous, high seas adventure and cerebral, slow-paced stealth" that proved to be a "joyous mastery of a very particular form".

Shortly after its release, Mimimi announced Shadow Gambit would be the studio's last project, as its "increasingly ambitious games" had taken a "heavy personal toll on us and our families". Two final DLC releases for Shadow Gambit were to bring the studio's activities to a close, but it's now surprised fans with a "very final parting gift": an expansive "modding tool" designed to enable players to create their own custom mods.

Read more

More...

Comment

As 2023 comes to a close, I think it's fair to say that the fighting game genre is in a great spot. Capcom and NetherRealm both launched stellar new entries in their respective franchises this year, with Street Fighter 6 in particular righting the wrongs of the previous numbered entry. In January of 2024, Bandi-Namco will unleash Tekken 8 - and I've played a near-final version of the game at an event, so I wanted to share my initial thoughts. This the first new fighting game to ship on Unreal Engine 5 while also skipping last-gen consoles and the Switch - so how does it fare thus far?
              During my time with Tekken 8, I had a chance to play several different modes including the story mode, the arcade quest mode and Tekken Ball - more than what's available in the publicly available demo. As feature-packed as Street Fighter 6 and MK1 are, there's a sense that Tekken 8 might still have the most to offer.
              Based on the first chapter of the story mode, this section feels like a natural evolution of what was achieved in Tekken 7 via a formula arguably pioneered in Mortal Kombat 9. That is to say that cutscenes and event sequences are used to chain together battles to tell a larger story.
              Read more

More...

Comment

TinyBuild has shut down indie publisher Versus Evil.

According to employees affected by the layoffs, staff were notified of the redundancies "at the start of [their] Christmas break".

"Welp. That was a fun 10-year ride. The entire Versus Evil team has just been laid off," tweeted head of production, Lance James, as spotted by PC Gamer.

Read more

More...

Comment

Fans and accessibility advocates alike have reached out to Tekken 8 director Katsuhiro Harada in a bid to have its colourblind options revised ahead of the game's release next month.

After videos and screenshots showcasing the fighting game's accessibility modes went viral over the festive period, colourblind players and accessibility advisers reached out to the Tekken team on social media alleging they fell ill with vertigo and migraines after testing the alternative modes.

The video below illustrates the issue but please refrain from watching if you know or suspect you may have epilepsy, as some accessibility advisers believe it may cause Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy (SUDEP):
                  Read more

More...

Comment

Ubisoft's upcoming open world Star Wars game Outlaws looks to be set for a "late" 2024 release.

Until today, the Ubisoft game held a much wider ranging 2024 release window. However, a Disney Parks blog post promoting a variety of events and such for the next 12 months has Star Wars Outlaws listed as arriving towards the tail end of the year.

"Star Wars Outlaws, the open world Star Wars game, is set to release late this year," the post reads (thanks, IGN). "The game lets you explore distinct planets across the galaxy, both iconic and new. You can risk it all as Kay Vess, an emerging scoundrel seeking freedom and the means to start a new life, along with her companion Nix. If you're willing to take the risk, the galaxy is full of opportunity."

Read more

More...

Comment

A former Activision Blizzard executive has filed a discrimination claim with the company, alleging it of discriminating against "old white guys".
                      As reported by Law360 and spotted by our sister site, GamesIndustry.biz, the complaint includes allegations against former CEO Bobby Kotick for remarks he made at an unspecified leadership conference in which he reportedly said that the "problem" at ABK was that "there are too many old white guys".
                      The filing – lodged by a 57-year-old white man who worked at the company from 2014 until he was laid off as part of the company's restructure in late 2023 – says that shortly after hearing these comments, a pair of white executives left "based, at least in part, on Kotick's ageist remarks", adding that "Activision placed profits over people by terminating the older, higher-paid executives".
                      Read more

More...

Comment

In a move that feels a little like being catapulted back in time several decades, Ubisoft has released a free playable Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown demo - for Xbox, PlayStation, Switch, and PC - ahead of the game's full launch next week.

Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown revives Ubisoft's shamefully long-dormant action-platforming series for a new generation - a new generation that wouldn't even have been born when the last game came out in 2008, thanks to Ubisoft's dallying - this time sending the prince's protector Sargon on a Metroidvania-style quest packed with side-scrolling combat and platform action.

Early word on Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown - which has been developed by Ubisoft Montpellier, the studio behind the wonderful Rayman Legends and Origins - is reassuringly positive, with Digital Foundry's John Linneman calling it a "supremely polished, ultra smooth game that perfectly leverages every platform it has shipped on."

Read more

More...

Comment

The director of Warner Bros' upcoming Minecraft film adaptation wants to avoid any kind of fan reaction akin to that 'Ugly Sonic' reveal.

As a reminder, 'Ugly Sonic' was the original design for Sonic from the 2020 film, starring Jim Carrey and James Marsden. On Sonic's initial full reveal in the first trailer, many were left unimpressed (to put it mildly) by the direction the designers had gone. But even before that there was concern, when posters teasing Sonic's cinematic release showed the hedgehog's oddly lithe silhouette and his nightmarish legs.

In fact, the criticism surrounding Sonic's seemingly final look was so loud, the team went back to the drawing board and redesigned the titular blue hedgehog to a less controversial model. If you need a reminder, you can see the Sonic designs in the video below.

Read more

More...

Comment

An unannounced Far Cry spin-off game known as Captain Laserhawk Niji Warrior has been rated by European classification board PEGI. While nothing official has been announced, this listing suggests a proper unveiling may be on the way soon

Spotted by Game Rant, PEGI's listing states the yet-to-be-revealed title will see players pitted against each other in some kind of "laser deathmatch", with the person clocking up the most kills declared the winner.

Captain Laserhawk Niji Warrior has been rated 12 by PEGI, with mention of "moderate violence to human-like characters". It will also include purchasable in-game items, such as cosmetics. The PEGI rating here is for PC.

Read more

More...

Comment

The day the 3DS and WiiU eShop closed was a bitter one for me. For ages I'd been hovering over the trigger for Ace Attorney 5 and 6 (or Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice, to give them their full titles), hoping they'd go on a decent sale, only to miss them altogether when the eShop closed.
                              I had previously played Ace Attorney 4 (Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney), which was released in Europe in 2008 on the DS, but I missed out on the other two in the trilogy. Both were released on 3DS, in 2013 and 2016 respectively, but I didn't get a 3DS until it was too late. By that time, it wasn't easy to buy a physical copy of Dual Destinies easily, and Spirit of Justice was only available digitally outside of Japan. The two have been made available on mobile at different times over the years, but with the closure of the eShop, there went my dreams of being able to legally own and play the rest of the Ace Attorney series in their rightful homes on console.
                              Enter Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, another collection from Capcom which bundles together Ace Attorney 4, 5, and 6. I've been looking forward to it since its announcement, and now that I've been able to play it I can say my excitement was well-placed. I'm thrilled to see the lesser celebrated games in a series I love getting the treatment they deserve - resurrected, revamped, and ram-packed with bonus goodies. It's a golden standard for what I think a remaster should be and everything a fan could hope for.
                              Read more

More...

Comment

Nexon has announced it is pulling the plug on its free-to-play PvP medieval fantasy game Warhaven just four months after it launched in early access.
                                Despite initial plans to launch the game in full later this year, Nexon has now revealed that rather than launching the game in early 2024, it's shutting down on 5th April, 2024.
                                "Today, we are here to announce with a heavy heart that we will be concluding the live services of Warhaven," the team announced on Steam earlier this week.
                                Read more

More...

Comment

Working...
                                X