Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CES 2015: Talking Broadwell with Intel [Video]

The skinny on Intel's newest CPUs

We got our first look at Intel's Broadwell architecture when the Santa Clara outfit launched its Core M parts last year. However, those were mostly aimed at fanless 2-in-1 hybrid devices and other similar form factors. At the Consumer Electronics Show this year, Intel announced its 5th Generation Core CPUs based on its 14nm Broadwell micro-architecture, so we sent Online Managing Editor and expert chip taster Jimmy Thang to see if he could squeeze any more information out of the company.
    Intel didn't seem too interested in talking about its desktop plans for Broadwell, saying that it will hold a separate event for that. Instead, Intel talked up its current Broadwell CPUs, including the just-launched U parts (Core i3, i5, i7), which have more transistors than Haswell and offer a bit better performance.
    According to Intel, one of the advantages of 14nm is greater flexibility for OEMs to decide between "reasonable" battery life in systems that have a smaller batter and weigh less as a result, or much longer run time in the neighborhood of 15 hours by using a larger battery.
    Check out more of what Intel had to say below:

Follow Paul on Google+, Twitter, and Facebook

More...
    ClanofIdiots.com Administrator
    PcGamingNetworks.com Co-owner
    webmaster@clanofidiots.com
Working...
X