Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CES 2015: Up Close Look at Dell's Affordable XPS 13 Laptop [Video]

Spunky laptop lasts up to 15 hours per charge

Intel's been talking a big game about its 5th Generation Core processors based on 14nm Broadwell, which offers better performance and battery life compared to Haswell. Hardware partner Dell wasted no time putting the new chips to use. At the Consumer Electronics Show, we had Online Managing Editor and video ninja Jimmy Thang check out the new fancy pants Dell XPS 13.
    The XPS 13 features a virtually borderless display (just 5.2mm on the sides and top), allowing for a 13.3-inch laptop to fit in a frame that's around the size of an 11.6-inch notebook. Dell says it's the result of an exclusive collaboration between it and Sharp. Outside of the display, Dell says it improved every form, function, and feature of the laptop compared to the last generation.
    There's a lot to like about the XPS 13, even just from a construction standpoint. Dell went for machined aluminum for the chassis and a carbon fiber palm wrest.
    Dell offers two panel options -- a non-touch Full HD 1080p display, and a touch-enabled QHD+ (3200x1800). These are powered by Broadwell 15W Core i3, i5, and i7 processor options and either 4GB or 8GB of memory.
    According to Dell, a laptop like this would normally see an entry-level price point of $1,200, though in this case, pricing starts at $800.
    Find out more in the video below:

Follow Paul on Google+, Twitter, and Facebook

More...
    ClanofIdiots.com Administrator
    PcGamingNetworks.com Co-owner
    webmaster@clanofidiots.com
Working...
X