Clarification of {Tard}dom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarification of {Tard}dom

Okay. Things got shaken up a bit and everybody's bristling for battle here... so I think all interested parties would be well-served for me to explain things, as intended, in plain language. This will be a bit lengthy, so please be patient.

There are three perfectly valid ways to be a {Tard}:

1) A full-time member. Right now, there are only 2 or 3: Medicated and myself, and maybe Clint, but we haven't seen him in a while. We aren't recruiting, but we aren't denying anyone membership if they want it.

2) A part-time (willful) member. We've always said you can slap on some {Tard} tags just for shits & giggles, to plainly display your uber noobishness, your drunkenness, highness, or just giddiness. This is just "whenever the mood suits you". It's not a formal membership, and it doesn't take anyone away from their original clan. There are at least a half-dozen players who do this.

3) (The new one) A renegade squad member. This is what I was asking for in the other thread. This is solely for the purposes of competition; if someone wished to use their {Tard} tags outside of the matches, fine... but it would be under the guise of the second method, not this one. Thier choice, not ours.

Let me expand on this last method of being a {Tard}. What I see here, and on HP2, is LOTS of clans, but little or no real competition. DXII disbanded partially because of this. The reason why I wanted to form this renegade squad (The Crack Tard Squad, {CTS}) was to take some folks here, some really decent players, and put them together on a "Dream Team", where they could compete, but they wouldn't have to sacrifice their primary loyalties by changing teams or playing against their own team. No such thing. {CTS} was never meant to recruit anyone AWAY from any other team; it was meant to be a fun way to do what clans EXIST to do to begin with, but that isn't presently being done much around here. It's a renegade squad.

As such, I don't see that I have violated anyone's (including other clan members') explicit interests in any way. It pains me to say it, but if someone in another clan wants to participate in {CTS}, I guess you need to clear it with your "clan leader". This was only meant to be fun; I extended an invitation, not a plea.

So (this is for Hans), {Tard} both is and isn't an anti-clan. The (1) and (2) types of {Tard} are perfectly compatible with anti-clannishness. (3) is our little foray into "real clannishness". We'll see how it goes, but we're picking up enough people now in the renegade squad that (I think) we can compete. And I'd still be perfectly glad to take more folks on board, in whatever capacity they wish to participate.

Take this all as you will; but I think this message should clarify our intentions.
    Last edited by Turbo{TARD}Andy; 12-14-2003, 04:12 PM.
    You don't have to ask to join {Tard}... if you are one, you already belong!

Now if you'll excuse me, my spaceship has arrived.
    You don't have to ask to join {Tard}... if you are one, you already belong!

Comment

Re: Clarification of {Tard}dom

Originally posted by Turbo{TARD}Andy
      Okay. Things got shaken up a bit and everybody's bristling for battle here... so I think all interested parties would be well-served for me to explain things, as intended, in plain language. This will be a bit lengthy, so please be patient.

There are three perfectly valid ways to be a {Tard}:

1) A full-time member. Right now, there are only 2 or 3: Medicated and myself, and maybe Clint, but we haven't seen him in a while. We aren't recruiting, but we aren't denying anyone membership if they want it.

2) A part-time (willful) member. We've always said you can slap on some {Tard} tags just for shits & giggles, to plainly display your uber noobishness, your drunkenness, highness, or just giddiness. This is just "whenever the mood suits you". It's not a formal membership, and it doesn't take anyone away from their original clan. There are at least a half-dozen players who do this.

3) (The new one) A renegade squad member. This is what I was asking for in the other thread. This is solely for the purposes of competition; if someone wished to use their {Tard} tags outside of the matches, fine... but it would be under the guise of the second method, not this one. Thier choice, not ours.

Let me expand on this last method of being a {Tard}. What I see here, and on HP2, is LOTS of clans, but little or no real competition. DXII disbanded partially because of this. The reason why I wanted to form this renegade squad (The Crack Tard Squad, {CTS}) was to take some folks here, some really decent players, and put them together on a "Dream Team", where they could compete, but they wouldn't have to sacrifice their primary loyalties by changing teams or playing against their own team. No such thing. {CTS} was never meant to recruit anyone AWAY from any other team; it was meant to be a fun way to do what clans EXIST to do to begin with, but that isn't presently being done much around here. It's a renegade squad.

As such, I don't see that I have violated anyone's (including other clan members') explicit interests in any way. It pains me to say it, but if someone in another clan wants to participate in {CTS}, I guess you need to clear it with your "clan leader". This was only meant to be fun; I extended an invitation, not a plea.

So (this is for Hans), {Tard} both is and isn't an anti-clan. The (1) and (2) types of {Tard} are perfectly compatible with anti-clannishness. (3) is our little foray into "real clannishness". We'll see how it goes, but we're picking up enough people now in the renegade squad that (I think) we can compete. And I'd still be perfectly glad to take more folks on board, in whatever capacity they wish to participate.

Take this all as you will; but I think this message should clarify our intentions.
      Andy i have a hangover, do you think maybe you shorten this post so as i don't have to read so much...

The lazy Bertie-turd

Comment

Working...
      X