resigning as clan leader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• resigning as clan leader

It is with deep regret and sadness that I must take the decision to resign as leader of oWn. It has been a great pleasure to be your clan leader for all this time and I have had lots of fun and made some great friends. I just don't think there is a clan anymore for me to lead. Maybe some one else can do a better job and bring new life into the clan.

This clan was founded by Silence so I will leave it to him what to do in regard to the clan. He is now your clan leader as he been co-leader for sometime so well able to do the job, please give him your full support.

I would rather leave and go where maybe I can do some good as I see no point in flogging a dead horse. I will be sorry to leave oWn and I wish you all the best of luck and hope to see you all on the battlefield again soon.

Last edited by [BiA] DJ; 03-02-2004, 03:05 PM.
    Fun Gamers Club - Where fantasy meets reality

Re: resigning as clan leader

Oh man... it's just getting worse and worse.

oh well, I mean as you say there is no clan anymore, there are like 5 guys that's active...and I will then tell you, if DJ leaves...I'm leaving too...so if you guys wanna keep the clan running, so fine...well I'm leaving....sorry to see the clan end like this, but got to go on

So I guess there is no more {oWn} clan..

Greetz Joakim!
    Ownage!

Comment

Well a clan is suppose to be a little more than a group of guy's running around wearing the same tag just for the sake of being in a clan but in reality not even having contact with the other members most of the time and for that you don't need a leader in my opinion.

If I was to enforce the clan rules we would be back to where we started with maybe 5 members if we where lucky. Members have decided that for what ever reasons the don't have time anymore for the clan and rtcw but at the same time expect it to be kept running just in case they decide in the future to come back to rtcw.

I have tried everything including arranging scrims, fragnights, special units for other games such as E.T and CoD to say nothing about doing our own forums and Website. I set up ranks and awards and medals and plenty of other stuff but got little if any response to any of it, it was a big waste of time. Then to top it all off, I as a so called clan leader couldn't even get half a dozen members for a fun scrim.

People just don't get the message, it is unfair to bugger off doing other things but expecting one or two others to keep things running on the off chance that you may decide to get involved again in the future. One after the other members have become inactive giving one reason or the other. This is what has killed oWn and other clans. I suppose ppl have only so much spare time to play online games so that time is now used to play either COD or ET. and that is their right but if you want a clan then everyone needs to play their part.

Sorry Joakim but I tried everything I could to keep oWn going but it was like trying to flogg a dead horse, the blame lies with those who decided they had better things to do with their spare time than give a few hours to the clan or even post in these forums.
      Last edited by [BiA] DJ; 03-02-2004, 06:09 PM.

Comment

yeah and I tryed to support the best as I could...but there weren't many others that did the same...
        Ownage!

Comment

yes i know you did Silence and that is one of the reasons I stayed as long as I did

Comment

!!!!!!!!!.......OMG!! u cant leave......it wouldn't be the same without u!!! OMG thats terrible news

Very sad to hear it m8

But i suppose its ur decision and i respect that and im sure SIlence will be as good as leader as u again DJ
            Cheers Jacko!!

Comment

Jacko I'm afraid there is no more {oWn} clan...
              Ownage!

Comment

Working...
              X