resigning as clan leader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• resigning as clan leader

It is with deep regret and sadness that I must take the decision to resign as leader of oWn. It has been a great pleasure to be your clan leader for all this time and I have had lots of fun and made some great friends. I just don't think there is a clan anymore for me to lead. Maybe some one else can do a better job and bring new life into the clan.

This clan was founded by Silence so I will leave it to him what to do in regard to the clan. He is now your clan leader as he been co-leader for sometime so well able to do the job, please give him your full support.

I would rather leave and go where maybe I can do some good as I see no point in flogging a dead horse. I will be sorry to leave oWn and I wish you all the best of luck and hope to see you all on the battlefield again soon.
    Fun Gamers Club - Where fantasy meets reality

Well a clan is suppose to be a little more than a group of guy's running around wearing the same tag just for the sake of being in a clan but in reality not even having contact with the other members most of the time and for that you don't need a leader in my opinion.

If I was to enforce the clan rules we would be back to where we started with maybe 5 members if we where lucky. Members have decided that for what ever reasons the don't have time anymore for the clan and rtcw but at the same time expect it to be kept running just in case they decide in the future to come back to rtcw.

I have tried everything including arranging scrims, fragnights, special units for other games such as E.T and CoD to say nothing about doing our own forums and Website. I set up ranks and awards and medals and plenty of other stuff but got little if any response to any of it, it was a big waste of time. Then to top it all off, I as a so called clan leader couldn't even get half a dozen members for a fun scrim.

People just don't get the message, it is unfair to bugger off doing other things but expecting one or two others to keep things running on the off chance that you may decide to get involved again in the future. One after the other members have become inactive giving one reason or the other. This is what has killed oWn and other clans. I suppose ppl have only so much spare time to play online games so that time is now used to play either COD or ET. and that is their right but if you want a clan then everyone needs to play their part.

Sorry Joakim but I tried everything I could to keep oWn going but it was like trying to flogg a dead horse, the blame lies with those who decided they had better things to do with their spare time than give a few hours to the clan or even post in these forums.

Comment

I will still be active and playing rtcw and may join another clan so I hope to be able to keep in touch with you guy's.

Comment

sorry to see you go dj but he you cant do more than your best...

just keep having fun in gaming!!!

cheers.
        ILL BE BACK!!!!!!

Comment

Hey DJ, I hate to hear this...But if I thought like that, |AoD| (and many other clans) would have been dead long ago...

But perhaps {oWn} and |AoD| are from 2 different worlds...

In |AoD|, we are friends 1st..I don't expect anything from my members because they are friends before anything! That's what we stand for...In fact, the name 'clan' doesn't really apply to us...We are more like a gang LOL...

But anyway, I respect your choices buddy...Good luck with whatever you do, and stay in touch, because you'll always have allies where ever |AoD| may be!
          Last edited by |AoD| SiN; 03-02-2004, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Oh man... it's just getting worse and worse.

oh well, I mean as you say there is no clan anymore, there are like 5 guys that's active...and I will then tell you, if DJ leaves...I'm leaving too...so if you guys wanna keep the clan running, so fine...well I'm leaving....sorry to see the clan end like this, but got to go on

So I guess there is no more {oWn} clan..

Greetz Joakim!
            Ownage!

Comment

This is really sad, although it is hardly a surprise to me..

If {oWn) really shuts down, would you guys be so kind to inform mr. Clubber, so he'll be able to close this section of the forum as well?

Thx.. (also for the many gaming hours i spend with you guys, and i hope we'll continue to do some more in the future )

Many greetz,

Hans
              |ToaK|-Website Dulce bellum inexpertis.
              (War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)

Comment

I didn't close the clan only decided it was time I moved on, maybe the guy's should join one of the other clans if they are going to close it, i know i will be looking out for a clan in fact i may try BiA

thanks Hans but i think its best to leave the forum for the moment until everyone gets to read the post, a few more days at least.

With all due respect Sin all I expected was for members to be members, but them again I think I too have the right to move on if that is what I want. I could say a lot more on the subject but what is the point, the rtcw community was in trouble long before I made my decision to leave oWn, if others have the right to go do other things then why shouldn't I. I'm not into the "lets pretend everything is ok" way of thinking, sooner or later we all must face the truth whether we like it or not.
                Last edited by [BiA] DJ; 03-02-2004, 11:57 PM.

Comment

DJ,
                  I respect your decision to resign as the leader of the {oWn} clan. I know that I am in some regards responsibile due to my inability to engage in the day to day clan activity. For this I am indeed sorry.
                  I have enjoyed knowing you and playing RTCW with you and the other members of {oWn}.
                  It was you who invited me into the {oWn} clan, It was a good time with good folks. For that I say "MANY THANKS".
                  I wish you nothing but the best in your future.

Your friend,

Tom {oWn}OldViper
                  Peace
                  Tom
                  [BiA]OldVipeR

Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.

Comment

Joakim,
                    I guess the {oWn} clan is no more.
                    Thank you for your friendship and all the hard work you put into the {oWn} clan.

See you on the battle field

Your friend,

Tom {oWn}OldViper
                    Peace
                    Tom
                    [BiA]OldVipeR

Comment

DJ,
                      Thank you so much for all the hard work and effort you put forth to keep this clan whole. No one could have done more.

Thank you

Your friend

Tom {oWn}OldViper
                      Peace
                      Tom
                      [BiA]OldVipeR

Comment

Thanks Tom, I know It's sad it was a very hard decision for me to make to be honest and it's people like yourself, Joakim and one or two others that I will miss. Maybe [AoD] Sin is right, maybe I expected too much from members but then again the clan that plays together stays together.

Last edited by [BiA] DJ; 03-03-2004, 03:45 PM.

Comment

You did a real great job DJ, its a pity to see this happening....
                          [BiA]Masterz0r

Comment

Well, you're always welcome.. =)

No hagas lo que no te guste que hagan a ti..

LIFE IS TOO SHORT.. LOVE IS SEEING AN IMPERFECT PERSON, PERFECT!!

Comment

Too sad that you 2 guys are leaving..
                              To be is to do.
                              -Socratus
                              To do is to be.
                              -Sartre
                              Do be do be do.
                              -Sinatra

Comment

Working...
                              X