Us Gamers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Us Gamers...

I consider games as an escape - an escape from the doldrums of everyday life. They take me to a place inside myself where I can be anyone, do anything, and accomplish the impossible, all before dinner. As time goes by, and life progresses the way life invariably does, I suddenly find myself thoroughly embroiled in this thing they call the real world – complete with a car payment, a job I loathe, an empty bank account, an empty stomach, an exorbitant rent payment for a room that is slightly larger than a Port-O-Potty, and an unhealthy addiction to caffeine and nicotine. I play games to escape from this life. You would too. And to think, if I have a conversation with someone who is a non-gamer, which looks down their nose at me with a derisive sneer when I tell them I’m a 37 year old who likes to play video games, it makes me – quite frankly – want to put my fist through the back of their f**king throats. Of course, that sort of behavior isn’t exactly acceptable here in the real world. I sure do wish there was a place where I could vent my frustrations where the consequences are non-existent and I could beat in the faces of the frustrating, banal, idiotic morons who populate my life. Thanks to games, I can do just that…and a whole lot more.
    So the next time someone condems you for playing video games, be sure to remind them how lucky they are. Lucky to have people in this world that know how to vent their frustrations the way we do.
    We are the gamers of this world.
    Be proud!

Sin,
    Being a gamer is fun. If I go there I can think of doing some of those things you are referring to. How about when you enter the zone, and are basically unstoppable. Those are the days it is great to play. Wanting to achieve that every time would be fabulous for me. However I know that I can’t do that no matter how much I want to. Lately I have even stopped playing at lunch to do some work.
    The feeling of playing well that I think we all enjoy is what keeps us going in the games we play. We all have a game or fix it may be RTCW or a board game maybe even playing cards with the wife. All I know is that people get a charge a different way. Let’s be thankful that we as gamers have a way to vent the way we feel, it is not always anger.

SunnyBoy

May the games get better and the interface be more inclusive of the world around us.

I'll be tryng out some 3-D gl;asses next week.
    I know where I am concerning where I was, things always look better depending on how far you look back.

Comment

Weel first i gotta say i totally agree with you..
      I have a disease and i think of it like all day. Well i don't think of the disease in particular all day, but more about the consequences it has.
      I realized that gaming itself is not only the outlet, but teamplaying. Talking to strangers is a total outlet, and there's a lot of chatting in RtCW .
      So you COULD say psycologically gaming is good, but some people go extreme.... Like in Taiwan (or was it Thailand?) some guys gamed themselves to death, while they were foaming out of their mouths.
      So sometimes, it doesn't work out well and the outlet becomes an addiction, so indeed I am proud to be ''a new gamer'' but i just wanna say that we have to look out with what we do. I've seen a lot of posts of people leaving clans for the reason they're too addicted.
      So, game on, but not too much
      POST!!
      [Coi]Mr.Fragwell® is property of Doc Rocket® and Michael®

POST OR DIE!

Comment

i totally agree to, although i never really thought about it that much before.

i dont tell people i know (outside the game) that i play RTCW online or that im in a clan coz i know how they would react - pretty shocked and probably pity me for some reason. im a girl for gods sake, who is meant to just care about shopping, makeup and hair! to play video games is just not the done thing i guess. but i do love shopping and i really care about the way i look but thats not all there is to me.

that is why RTCW is such a release for me. half the ppl i play with dont know im female and if they did wouldnt care what i looked like or if i had new clothes from Miss Sixty or if my hair was nice and shiny! i also get very frustrated with college as everyone expects so much from me and it just isnt going to happen they way they want! to kill a few ppl with no consequences is ace!

i dont think i will get addicted tho...i still go out and live in the real world and playing for more than an hour makes my head hurt.

thx for making me appreciate RTCW for what it does for me and my confused little head!

Emma
        xxx
        Last edited by Shyfire; 04-22-2003, 06:16 PM.
        mapper_12@hotmail.com

here to talk!

Comment

I do agree with you all. I'm a gamer too, well not as much as before, but i still like a game of RTCW (only when BiA is around). Playing too much of one is game isn't good. You get addicted to it without knowing it. I stopped playing RTCW for a while, because of my bad notes at school and I was afraid of getting addicted. I also needed to increase my social live by finding a girlfriend and making new friends. I have found real nice friends now, and some of them play Wolf too.

Teamplay and chatiing in a game is pretty important, well thats my opinion. You get to know people over the entite world and you sometimes even start to like them, or love tem (aight Emmi , and don't forget Hans and Sandra, who met eachtother at MP_Tank). This all is important for you and your social live.

Now I have to hurry because else I'll miss my basketball training, and they are mega important today .

greetings !!
          Jesper
          [BiA]Masterz0r

Comment

I am totally addicted and I will be the first to admit it!
            • And now it is my intention to go play video games for several hours.
              -Strong bad

Comment

Hmm, I’m not addicted to games…
              I only play about 1-3 hours a day now; I have my addiction under control!

Most of my friends play computer games, so I guess I’m reasonably lucky.

But the reason I get called a ‘nerd’ is the fact I play in a clan, and have ‘invisible’ friends that I meet online. When I’m playing with friends from the ‘real world’ online they don’t seem to get the same satisfaction I get from stabbing, knife fights and building human towers with my buddies from [BiA]

I also have a very active ‘off line’ ‘real world’ social life. In fact I wish I was more of a ‘nerd,’ then maybe my Guts would feel as if there were twisted in knots, my head wouldn’t be throbbing & maybe I could string together a sensible sentence after a heavy Easter on the piss.

So guess where I’m off to now, none other than HP2 to relieve the stress from the pressures of the ‘outside world’ where my mates expect me to get in a non-coherent state down the pub.

Online may be a little of a fantasy world, where you can get away from it all, or even go to some chat room and get a cyber shag

Well at least it doesn’t hurt me!

………OMG I’m rambling again, Medic!

Comment

Pic of x box live bike
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by M&M(UK)
                  Pic of x box live bike
                  does this belong in this thread
                  [BiA]Masterz0r

Comment

Probably not.

"We happy few, we band of brothers - for he today that sheds his blood with me - shall be my brother"
                    - William Shakespear, King Henry V

Comment

errr no

Comment

I agree Sin,

ive been addicted to games for about 17 years. i remember playin tennis an nearly wettin myself with the ace graphics even on our old B/W television.

But im a bit sad cus i really have got an addiction ive got a ps1,ps2,xbox ,gba sp,and a shit load of games i even bought steel battalion £130!!!!!!

and in all my gaming years rtcw is the best.

ive tried tellin my freinds about rtcw online but they all love there consoles an football games..Yawn

Anyway your not on your own sin im an old gamer too (not too old!)
                        For i have become the destroyer of worlds

Comment

Working...
                        X