No announcement yet.

Linux on your RTCW box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me! But I doubt I'll ever truly go over to the darkside. I get the Microsoft Software cheep. I can get the Office XP Pro version for $60.00. XP Pro O\S for $40.00.

I admit that Linux has great features. Free firewall and other things, and I do think that it will be better in the future. As more and more vendors write drivers for Linux then there really won't be that many problems getting the newer hardware to work with it.

Thanks for all you help so far Ken,

Chuck
    I know where I am concerning where I was, things always look better depending on how far you look back.

Comment

no problem chuck

and btw your idea of cheap is $100 more than RH9 and OpenOffice

Comment

or you could always go over to that "other" darkside and get those programs absolutely free, minus your monthly internet bill which youre paying anyways.

i wish i could have at least a couple of hours to just sit there and get everything set up on my "new" box, but ive been doing a lot of PC work on the side to try to help pay some bills. i might even have to get a night job stocking at wal-mart. that will leave me with 4-5 hours of sleep a day/night and no time for RTCW ;( it sucks to be an under paid tech

edit:
        oh and just so you know chuck, take my problems with a grain of salt. Linux installation has been made to be really easy now-a-days. My problems were only because of my slightly odd setup, and mainly because of my own ignorance. linux can be easier to install than windows. lol the linux distro lindows has to be the easiest linux ive ever installed. i cant remember exactly but i think it was something like 3 clicks and maybe 10 minutes and i had an OS. not a very good OS, but still..
        Last edited by [BiA] Knives Left; 06-25-2003, 04:21 PM.

my avatar must go here since it says that it isnt an image when i attempt to use it as an avatar.

Comment

Working...
        X