No announcement yet.

grrrrrrrr damn pc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there is a onboard sound card but i disabled it because i have a creative sb live in it.
    gonna try new power supply i have one here a max power atx 12v pl300 with max power300 watts.
    i wiill let you know if it worked
    kill `m all!!

Comment

i`ve got sd ram
      kill `m all!!

Comment

well i tried new power supply but i didn`t work.......
        i tried red faction and rtcw but both freezes.....
        are there any idees left????
        i got one buy whole new pc...........
        kill `m all!!

Comment

Did you run SFC yet? If not run it. Also get a program called regclean. These probally will not do anything but you never know.

Pull out everything that isn't necessary from the board. The extra sound card all of the memory but one. That kind of thing and see if it works with a stock setup. Jer, be patient and start from the ground up.

WingZero has given you good advice.
          I know where I am concerning where I was, things always look better depending on how far you look back.

Comment

A well known problem is that some geforce 4 440 mx or whast ever aint running properly for some reason and that they got issues with the drivers. It's something to look after before you do any crazy stuff, it can be the videocard so try another videocard or borrow one and see what it does.
            ClanofIdiots.com Administrator
            PcGamingNetworks.com Co-owner
            webmaster@clanofidiots.com

Comment

well thanks for all advise m8s.glad to know someone would help me but i have givin up been trying since friday.....
              i put the damn pc to a shop who will fixe it i hope....
              and i got my old pc back so i just need to install rtcw back and i will KILL `M ALL WOOHOO
              kill `m all!!

Comment

grrrrrrrr damn pc

Have you looked for new updates for geforce ?
                May help...

Comment

i was just wondering if you know what your board looks like
                  cuz i looked up your board model
                  is that waht it looks like from the link?

http://www.ecsusa.com/products/k7vza.html

Comment

well use always the original drivers for your geforce card, then it always works the best, sometimes after a driver update its all screwed up happens pretty much.
                    ClanofIdiots.com Administrator
                    PcGamingNetworks.com Co-owner
                    webmaster@clanofidiots.com

Comment

yep wingzero thats the mainbord.
                      why???
                      kill `m all!!

Comment

oh yeah when i installed rtcw on my athlon 600 it toke about 7 minutes to install on the athlon 1500+ it took 13 minutes??
                        that couldnt be right??????
                        kill `m all!!

Comment

"AMDŽ Athlon (K7) processors up to 1.2GHz(100MHz FSB)"
                          is your processors higher or lower than that??
                          dont know what speed a 1500+ has but if it is higer than 1.2ghz then i think u have a problem

Banan
                          Pure (Sweden) Biggest nOOb ever....Free Birth

Comment

that board isnt really rated for athlon XPs
                            in fact you shouldnt even be able to use the cpu in it at all lol
                            the AXP cpus support 133 mhz FSB and tha tboard only supports up to 100 FSB
                            the speed of a 1500+ is 1.33 Ghz
                            10 x 133 Mhz
                            i think your board isnt very compatible wiht that cpu or something

Comment

now you tell me lol
                              well i will tell (my friend) about it with a gun to his head.......
                              mmmm panzer will be better i think.
                              so what type off motherboard should i use on it then??
                              and tnx again for all youre help
                              kill `m all!!

Comment

try grabbing and installing the latest detonator driver for that nvidia card:

http://download.guru3d.com/detonator/

if that doesn't solve the problems, then maybe try these:

make sure to look at the fan on the video card and remove any possible dust build-up

my initial thought was the power supply..200w I don't think is enough for the higher MHz Athlon chips...

Did you apply the gel before installing the new cpu? Helps keep it cooler...

I think that board does support AXP processors:

----K7VZA is a ATX mainboard that uses a 4-layer printed circuit board and measures 305 mm x 220 mm. The mainboard has a Socket 462 to accommodate AMDŽ Athlon (K7) processors that support frontside bus (FSB) speeds up to 200 MHz. The K7VZA is installed with the VT8363 (NB) / VT82C686A/B (SB) chipset and built-in 3D sound that features the AC 97 audio codec. -----

I also think you might be able to get away with using a 1.3GHz CPU on a board rated for 1.2GHz..you may just be limited to the 1.2Ghz speed..

Check you motherboard manual..there should be a jumper setting that you might have to adjust for the clock speed...

Last edited by CrapShooT; 03-19-2003, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X