Match scrim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Match scrim

Ok guys so we got our Asses kicked and no one person who played is to blame. We just where not ready and only had minutes notice but it was a good hard lesson and we will be the better for it in the future, better to learn it now rather than when it really mattered. It was just a different ball game compared to what we are use to on HP2. Life goes on my friends and we must live and learn so lets take it on the chin and take any lessons we can from it and then move on.

Any experience in life, bad or otherwise from which we learn something new is never a waste of time, only another obstacle we have overcome.

All is fair in love and war!

Those guys may well have been cheating, I don’t know but I do know that anything permitted within or not excluded by the rules is fair play, and they will exploit anything that gives them an edge over the other team if they can get away with it and do it without mercy. It is not really cheating and I understand that it is common practice.

They used tactics that where well tried and tested as well as teamwork and Ventrilo to communicate during the battle. On beach they used artillery strikes to kill and keep us pinned down at the beach spawn while they picked us off and targeted the engineer. They used two Lt’s and a sniper and because we where not prepared we had no tactics to counter with. All they needed to do was keep us pinned down on the beach to win. Han’s told me not too long ago that HP2 was the wrong server for match scrim tactics and boy was he right.

When the sides switched so did their tactics. They put a man over the wall to clear the bunker while they planted and to counter us ambushing their Engineer as he planted. Once they had blown the bunker door and got the flag they then posted a guy at the radio to target and eliminate anyone who spawned and keep the stairway clear so they had a clear run with the Doc’s once they got them. With a 30 second spawn time and only three players the round was over before we could even respawn.

We need match team players with experience as well as training and good tactics and for that we need a server or at least access to one. We need to watch those pings too, if we are playing on a U.S hosted server then we should only use U.S based players. We also need to get Ventrilo so we can communicate during a scrim and rehearse our team tactics by numbers; something like the set plays they use in soccer or football.
    Last edited by [BiA] DJ; 11-24-2003, 06:06 PM.
    Fun Gamers Club - Where fantasy meets reality

Re: Match scrim

Yes, and i know they weren´t cheating...guess they just were to good for us, it was our first match...and they are used to this. Maybe we just need practice and then we can kick theyre ass too. I bet we would
    Ownage!

Comment

payback

I don't think they where cheating either but on the day being new to that type of game play we just where not ready, if you still want to take part in scrims and get ready to for a return match then let me know but its going to take a lot of effort and planning

So who wants payback??

Lets kick their collective asses to hell and back!
      Last edited by [BiA] DJ; 11-24-2003, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Re: payback

Yee-Haw! I´m on it
        Ownage!

Comment

Hello {oWn},
          I recieved a message on MSN to participate in the scrimage, but I didn't know who the message came from, thererfore I didn't participate. (Also I didn't have the time and I didnt feel prepared)
          DJ, I think you are correct in your analysis of what transpired during the match. You can see how being familiar with your teammates and being familiar the map you are playing on can lead to success . If we are going to participate in these sorts of battles we need to be better prepared.
          Being called out on such short notice with no time to prepare will always lead to disaster, it's like leading lambs to the slaughter.
          I was once a member of [The Lions Den] clan and we used GAME VOICE.I never participated in competetive play with [TLD] , but during the time I played on the [TLD] server the use of GAME VOICE gave us a distinct advantage.
          Just to give the appropriate recognition, these guys are awesome RTCW players: GleaminX[TLD], RevMayhem[TLD], JackBurton[TLD], Smite[TLD], Elderly[TLD] and Ant[TLD].
          The best advice I can give is; we must be familiar with our opponent and we must know every asspect of the map we are playing on. If we don't know what our opponent is capable of, and we are not familiar with the map we are playing on we will surley go down in defeat.

Repetition is defenition.

Peace
          Tom
          Last edited by [BiA] OldViper; 11-25-2003, 07:00 AM.
          Peace
          Tom
          [BiA]OldVipeR

Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.

Comment

It was me that asked you to particate in the scrim

And your certainly right
            Ownage!

Comment

Thanks Tom and I agree it will take a lot of time to prepare including watching and assessing our opponents. I also can't lose sight of the fact that this is a fun clan which is why I wanted to form a special match unit, kinda like a mini clan within a clan in order to keep the two things apart. Anyway we need think this over and discuss it more before we decide.

Comment

Shall i post a thread about who wants to be in the match unit?
                Ownage!

Comment

No not yet we need to discuss things first, we need to be able to give people more information so they can make an informed decision.
                  Last edited by [BiA] DJ; 11-25-2003, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Sorry Joakim, I didn't know it was you.

Peace
                    Tom
                    Peace
                    Tom
                    [BiA]OldVipeR

Comment

No problem you did´n´t miss anything for the scrim anyway
                      Ownage!

Comment

Oh yer guys soz i left you all on that scrim match, I forgot to enter the password, and when i tried to reconnect it would let me, kept saying 'disconnected for unknown reason'

Sorry guys!!!
                        Cheers Jacko!!

Comment

but but Joakim I died with such style they missed that didn't they? lol!

been to hell and back with my head up my ass!!!

Comment

I died more then you Dave
                            Ownage!

Comment

It is good to see that in the aftermath of defeat humor reigns supreme. LOL guys.

Peace
                              Tom
                              Last edited by [BiA] OldViper; 11-25-2003, 08:46 PM.
                              Peace
                              Tom
                              [BiA]OldVipeR

Comment

Working...
                              X