No announcement yet.

my hedgehog!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm, I wonder how good a hedgehog would be? Garilc and butter, or a nice wine sauce?

Chuck
    I know where I am concerning where I was, things always look better depending on how far you look back.

Comment

Originally posted by [BiA] SunnyBoy
      Hmmm, I wonder how good a hedgehog would be? Garilc and butter, or a nice wine sauce?

Chuck
      [BiA]Masterz0r

Comment

frogs are real interesting when you run them over with a lawnmower
        0l\lLy L4m3r5 5p34l< L33t

Comment

OK WHO TOOK MY FROG ??????
          omg i cant belive this....

"snif snif"
          Pure (Sweden) Biggest nOOb ever....Free Birth

Comment

I ran over it with my mower ha ha ha ha ha ha

Honestly i dont know Nick

Comment

frog al over the place? lol
              ILL BE BACK!!!!!!

Comment

Ask the French guyz...cause I guess they eat them at dinner....

"We happy few, we band of brothers - for he today that sheds his blood with me - shall be my brother"
                - William Shakespear, King Henry V

Comment

ok now not this time. it wasnt me. i dont even like frogs. they r slimy and give u warts. yuk. claude and i r very happy together. and i certainly wouldnt cheat on him with a frog!! i am sorry Banan u have lost another. i will keep my eyes open for ya. and Yardgnome, Mrs Yardgnome said u havent been near a mower in years-so there. she said she cant get the beer outta your hand and your behind out of the lazyboy long enough for u touch a mower. so i think your frog is safe there Bnanan. now if someone tries to feed u something and tells u it tastes just like chicken, i would be wary.
                  Power to the HedgeHog Right on!!

Comment

oh my too bad i dont have a Mrs, that would be cool (i think)

Comment

Apparantly hedghogs taste good although ive never tried.
                      ive heard you have to cover them in clay to cook them then chip the clay off and all their spikes come off too.

dunno how i know that!?

hey banan there are plenty more frogs in the pond
                      For i have become the destroyer of worlds

Comment

mmmmmmmmmm sounds goood, looks like i am Hedgehog hunting now

Comment

i think it best that u gentlemen rethink your ideas as my hedgehog is not available as an entree.

run Claude run!!!
                          Power to the HedgeHog Right on!!

Comment

yum fast food

Comment

Lihammurakipperas (serves lots - recipe courtesy of Herskerinde Gunnora)

Meatloaves

1 lb ground beef
                              1 lb ground pork
                              1 lb game meat (Finns use hedgehogs, venison works great, or increase to 1.5 lbs of beef and pork)
                              4 eggs
                              1 cup breadcrumbs
                              1.5 cups leeks (chopped)
                              1 tablespoon of fresh grated horseradish
                              spices to taste, (I used thyme, marjoram, salt and pepper)
                              2 packages frozen chopped spinach (defrosted and wrung out)
                              1.5 to 2 cups white cheese (Havarti works best, I used baby swiss)
                              Combine meats, eggs, breadcrumbs, mushrooms, leeks, garlic, horseradish, and spices. Mix well.
                              Make a flat rectangle of the meat about 1" thick. (It is a good idea to do this on a sheet of waxed paper, so that it is easier to roll the meat up later.)
                              Arrange the chopped spinach in a solid layer on top of the meat.
                              Sprinkle the cheese to cover the layer of spinach completely.
                              Start from one side and roll the meatloaf up (as though you were making a jellyroll). If you placed your meat on a sheet of waxed paper, you can use the waxed paper to help control the meat and to get it to roll neatly. Be sure to seal the edges and seams well to prevent the cheese from melting out as you cook the loaf.
                              Place the loaf in a shallow pan and cook at 400 degrees F until the meat is cooked through, usually between 45 min to 1 hr. (Don't use a flat cookie sheet unless it has a good lip. Beacuse of the pork and cheese, usually a lot of fat will cook out and the pan needs to catch it. Also monitor the cooking process closely -- the fat can and will smoke badly and can catch on fire.)
                              Set loaf aside to cool.
                              Crust:

2 cups unbleached flour
                              1 tsp of salt
                              1 egg
                              0.5 cup sour cream
                              Combine flour and salt. Cut in butter to form fine flakes.
                              Add egg and sour cream. You may also need 1-2 tsp. water to form a manageable dough.
                              Turn out onto floured surface and roll into a sheet twice the width of the meatloaf and about 4" longer than the loaf.
                              Place the meatloaf in the center of the sheet of dough. Wrap the dough around the loaf. Dampen the edges at the seams so they will seal well.
                              Place the pastry-wrapped loaf in a greased shallow pan (you may have yet more fat cook out) with the seam down.
                              Brush the pastry shell with beaten egg. (This helps the pastry brown nicely.)
                              Take any leftover scraps of dough and form decorations for the loaf. Brush the decorations
                              with egg also.
                              Bake at 375 degrees F until the crust is golden brown, usually 25 to 30 min.
                              Serve hot or at room temperature. Cut slices across the loaf to show the swirled layers. Serve with a hearty dollop of sour cream mixed with chopped fresh dill. Since this meatloaf is very rich, an average serving is based on slices 1" to 2" thick, yielding 18 to 36 servings per meatloaf

Comment

Clay-baked wild birds or hedgehogs

This isn't one to try at home (you could well fall foul of wildlife protection laws, apart from anything else), but the easiest way to cook wild birds (or hedgehogs for that matter) is not to pluck them but to smear wet clay onto the feathers. The birds are then cooked on an open fire and the feathers and skin come away when they are cooked. The same thing happens with the spines of hedgehogs, which were traditionally clay-baked by the Romany people. The meat is said to taste like pork – hence the hedgehog's name.

Comment

Working...
                                X